Hey everyone, Better late than never

Yes We Can

greetings everyone. I know I should have made this my first post, but better late than never. Anyway, a little about myself, I've had social anxiety for most of my life. I would say the seeds for social anxiety were planted very early on, when I was about 4 or 5 years old. It progressed in stages as time went on,and by the time I was about 10, I begin to have suicidal thoughts as well. The first stage was dreading the thought of going to school. It was as if every week I was catching a serious case of the 5 day sickness ( know what I'm talking about? comes on Monday leaves on Friday?) and this would go on until the month of June, when we would then break for summer. Before then I didn't have SA, nor was I shy. I can remember as a young kid I was very social and used to love when company would come over. During the Holidays I enjoyed visits from family and friends, the more the merrier. By the time I was in my mid to late teens I was the complete opposite, and hated when we had company over. I was so uncomfortable in social situations, that I began to avoid them. At one point I got sick and went into isolation, BIGGEST mistake I ever made. On top of social anxiety I was also suffering from depression, but after going into isolation I began to develop agoraphobia on top of that. Over the years I've slowly been able to integrate back into the real world, It's been a long difficult struggle and I've had to re learn alot of things that the average person would probably take for granted. I will say that as far as depression, suicidal tendencies and agoraphobia are concerned, I've made serious progress, a 180 degree turn, but I still have a long way to go. Now, as far as social anxiety is concerned, I'm still very much in the trenches. I've made some strides, but every day is still a struggle, some days I'm able to maintain and put SA in a chokehold, and other days I take a serious beating. As long as I continue to breath, the fight is on, giving up is not in my vocabulary, I've come to far to stop now. With that, I concludes my introduction, sorry for the rant, thanks for being patient. Oh, and I just want to say, I really appreciate this site and I thank everyone who is responsible for it and contributes to it, I've really learned alot. I wish each and every one of you much success on your journey to conquer SA. Again, thanks.