hey everybody

BlaiseBLATES

Welcome back Michael. My social phobia too started out as just being self concious then just all of a sudden became agoraphobia.
I hope you are able to find help here.

mozart87

man I saw your pictures surfing or whatever you do there:D ( I don't really know much about water sports).
what I want to say to you is that you can't be that bad with your SA. because SA it's about fear. if you can do what you do in the ocean it can't be too hard for you to overcome your anxiety. good luck!

Devrium

man I saw your pictures surfing or whatever you do there:D ( I don't really know much about water sports).
what I want to say to you is that you can't be that bad with your SA. because SA it's about fear. if you can do what you do in the ocean it can't be too hard for you to overcome your anxiety. good luck!

mmm I don't know if I would completely agree with that statement.. SA is about fear of people and crowds and stuff.. not about fear in general. I have SA to the point where I don't even like to go outside to check my mail most days because the cars driving along give me panic attacks. I have major fear of people and crowds... but I also sky dive... I have no fear whatsoever of jumping out of an airplane... that doesn't mean I don't have debilitating SA tho... Airplanes and waves aren't people... the fear is on a completely different level. Airplanes and waves don't judge you or look at you or make you feel anxious and bad about yourself... when I am free falling out of a plane I feel completely free of my SA and happy... but that doesn't mean that it goes away... because as soon as I hit the ground and I see the people around me it comes right back... I don't mean to put words in his mouth or anything but I might venture a guess that he feels similar. Who knows tho. All I am trying to say is that, just because you don't have fear of surfing or sky diving or climbing Mt Everest or whatever it is you do... doesn't mean that you don't have fear of people. We are strong in some aspects of our lives, and not in others. That's what it is to be human. And while the sports or activity's we do may help us overcome our SA.. it doesn't mean our SA isn't bad, or a problem for us... just because we can do other things... see what I mean?

Anyway... just my opinions...