here's a thought=live like very soon we all die.

savage_beagle

HI. This thought came to me during the past week or so of the crazy bullshit happening in the middle east, as yet again, we are murdering each other in the name of ''the chosen people''. Aint gonna get into a arguement about land rights and ancient relegions, it's just shitty that people are killing each other and makes me sad...no matter the skin color or ethnic background....war is murder of guilty and innocent. Anyways, my thought is this....in the bible..i think there are references to a middle east war that will lead to much more misery to come. STUFF like this has been written by many , over and over...its there if you wish to look it up...just dont get yourself all panicky and hide under a rock. I look at these recent events this way...''what if this is the beginning of the end, this war in the middle east?''...and i have decided to start believing it as the truth....to motivate myself to do more things i want out of life..to take more risks and to live more boldly, as if time is running out before we all get a nice nuclear suntan on our asses. It doesn't mean i will live life like an asshole and do harmful shit to myself and others, but to be more bolder with everyday life...to enjoy the people and events that need to be enjoyed...before it all gets taken away from us....by the few dickheads in power that rule our earth. What would you do if you truly believed or say that you really did know that life would turn to ca-ca . Lets say you believed in a great prophet, the great prophet BIGBIRDamus, and he came to you in a vision while taking a nice shit one morning...and BIGBIRDamus told you...''hey numbnuts, you got 1 year left before everybody goes crazier then usual and missles rain on your parade...so get living while you can!''-------how will you react? please dont reply with silly crap on how you would screw your neighbours hottie daughter or toss sheep off a skyscraper, blow up pigs, run naked thru pudding....seriously.....would you realize time is fleeting and not care what others think or say of you, and live like you were truly born to live??? tell me....i am curious....all jokes aside....how would you be....fearful or all senses wide awake and enjoying every moment?

Funny and insightful post savage_beagle. Yes I believe we need to focus on our values. Not focus on what others may say or do, or how others may perceive us. As long as we live according to our values we can't go wrong. Imagine you are at your own funeral, what would like to hear: "he avoided his life because he felt uncomfortable" or "he lived a full life even though he faced many obstacles"? What would you like to see on your tombstone? You can consider these your values. Life is too short to spend it worrying about the future or regretting the past, we must make the best of the present, the here and now.

Richey

savage beagle you should write a book about SA!! they have depth and i agree with most of them

black_mamba

I've had this thought too...

Scrap_by_PlasticSword.jpg

I'd go with the second option, I'd enjoy every last minute I had. ;)