Herbs

striker

Last September, I was using medication (herbs) containing Aswagandha (Indian Ginseng), Jatamansi & Brahmi.

I felt like I almost at the nervous strength to be social again. I started to go out a lot and meet people.

Then I ran out of the medication, cause I got it from India. The particular mixture I was using is mixed by a pharmaceutical company.

Once I ran out, my social anxiety came back.

Recently, I started using Aswagandha tablets by themselves. I noticed my nervousness has gone down a lot.

Today I ordered the other 2 herbs (jatamansi & Brahmi) and I am going to start using them to see how they work. I am not sure of the dosage to use, as they are in a powdered form.

I'll use this thread as a journal to document how I feel.

striker

On the 3 herbs

- I mixed the Jatamansi Powder with Brahmi and boiled them in water and started taking a few teaspoons. Initially, when I woke up, I had a little headache.

The whole day, I was super chill. It seems both these have a mild sedative effect. I also took a ashwagandha tablet. I went to the gym, had no SA while working out and interacting with people at the gym

But I feel its too early to conclude anything, since its been only a couple of days.

striker

I started noticing that.. The physical symptoms are much better now.
The fight/flight feeling has reduced and I feel a lot more calmer.

The anxious feeling, when I get it, doesn't become a physical feeling anymore which is awesome. With regular usage, I am hoping the anxious feeling will also reduce.

striker

Here are the changes I am going to describe in detail.

I used to have a certain sequence from the point of trigger.

1. Some Social Pressure
2. Registers in Mind
3. Heart starts pounding a bit
4. Hands - Cold and Tingly
5. Time to Interact - Nervous energy rushes up to the face
6. Facial muscles show nervousness

Since I started using these herbs: 4, 5, 6 have greatly reduced or stopped which is freaking awesome.

I still cannot dominate a social interaction but seem to be on the timid side a bit. I wonder if this may be due to lack of practice.

What if I push the interaction & up the social pressure I am facing. Will I sweat and show the pressure of the interaction in my facial muscles. ( considering not showing the social pressure to be normal )

The dosage I made last week, I reduced it to spoon everyday in smaller dosages, instead of 3 spoons. Also, when I take it before sleeping, it seems to cause a headache in the morning. So I am not taking it after 8p in the night, unless needed.

I still take 2 tabs of Ashwagandha every day.

ps: I continue to take Magnesium and B-Complex along with the herbs.

-

Last edited:

danstelter

You are doing absolutely the right thing here! The concoction you are using is helping enough to keep your anxiety to a manageable level so that you can work on your anxiety mentally. Recovering from anxiety is 90% work and 10% medication. Medication will not last long-term and you are probably right that lack of practice has a bit to do with your social demeanor. The good news is that you are doing everything right and you are well on your way to recovering from anxiety and doing well in life! Just remember, you may run into some obstacles and it may take some time to get to the point in life where you want to be (several months), but you are well on the right track. Keep doing this journal and let people know how you do and what you do that works for you!

striker

Thanks danstelter for the kind words.

Its been a couple of weeks since I had an indication of a panic attack.

I feel like I am getting stronger, ie., my demeanor.

I am going to throw myself out there socially more & more..

I was out at a bar last & I didn't use any alcohol. I was feeling pretty chilled. Approached a few girls.. chatted a bit.. I need to see if I can push myself to do it during the day.