Help with testing multimeter on 12v batteries

paidinfull

Hey guys,

I just started my HH treatment again (on my palms) yesterday. I am using 2 12v batteries . They are not brand new having been in my possession for maybe 9 months now so i'm pretty sure they are not putting out the full 24v. As a matter of fact, when I tried just 1 battery, I did not even feel an initial shock.

When I tried 2 batteries, I was definitely feeling the shock in the hand that was in the pan hooked up to the negative terminal, the entire time. I even added some salt this time so this is probably why. I even had to remove this hand every 5-8 minutes because sometimes I couldn't tolerate the pain.

I did about 15 min on each hand and will continue this for a few weeks. I'm not even sweating right now but I believe that is because of the cold weather today.

Anyways, I bought a multimeter (see attachments) and needed help in checking the voltage on my batteries... Might be a stupid question, but am i suppose to put water into the pan when I check, as in create the entire setup while testing? I found this in an old thread:

Meter inserted
[pos terminal]------[red VmA meter terminal][black Vma meter terminal]-----[PAN]~[YOU]~[PAN]----------------[neg terminal]

Also, I'm not sure which setting I should use on the multimeter. Should I set the dial it to 12v battery or 20ma (on the left side)? So confused guys.. i've attached pics of my setup as well as the multimeter.. i really don't want to electrocute myself here..

Another question.. just after 1 treatment, i am seeing marks on the aluminum pans, is that ok?

Attachments

• 20140123_071954.jpg
    20140123_071954.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140123_071933.jpg
    20140123_071933.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Use the 12 v battery setting to test individual batteries; or set the ac/dc button to dc and use the 200 v setting to test the 24 v setup (use a volt setting that is greater than what your max volt would be, but flick it back to 20 v if it isn't registering much and may be flat and under 20 v)

Remus

Staff member
Yeah set to DC 200v

Dont worry, 24v is harmless. I've had a few 10,000 vote shocks in my time as an electronics engineer and I'm still here to tell the tale.