help with facial flushing

wayner

Hi my name is Wayne i am forty nine years old.I have suffered with facial flushing since i was five years old.This condition has made my life a complete nightmare by seriously blighting my life.I have been to the doctors so many times to explain how this condition is controlling my life and unfortunately he just don't no what to do for me.I have tried hypnotherapy,cbt, had the operation two times,endoscopic thoracic sympathectomise which unfortunately did not work.I have tried beta blockers to no effect..At the moment i am on clonidine two times a day and that is not doing anything for me.I find if i go any where it is hot my face cheeks nose become so red.Also same if i get stressed in any way i start becoming very hot and going very red.This condition like i said has ruined my life making me very lonely because i cant even get in a relationship because of this condition.The funny thing about it i feel i am not a shy person it is the facial flushing if anything that makes me want to go and hide away.Just wondering if anyone else suffers with this condition

Reaching-Zen

Just wondering if anyone else suffers with this condition

There's 14 pages of threads about the same issue. The answers yes.

I'm surprised you had ets twice. How do you perform the same operation twice? Clamp it, then severe it?
Its usually a ti clamp on the overactive nerve.

Only way to stop it is to learn to not care about it, not think about it.

Other than that get heavily tanned to disguise it somewhat. live at solariums.

Hi my name is Wayne i am forty nine years old.I have suffered with facial flushing since i was five years old.This condition has made my life a complete nightmare by seriously blighting my life.I have been to the doctors so many times to explain how this condition is controlling my life and unfortunately he just don't no what to do for me.I have tried hypnotherapy,cbt, had the operation two times,endoscopic thoracic sympathectomise which unfortunately did not work.I have tried beta blockers to no effect..At the moment i am on clonidine two times a day and that is not doing anything for me.I find if i go any where it is hot my face cheeks nose become so red.Also same if i get stressed in any way i start becoming very hot and going very red.This condition like i said has ruined my life making me very lonely because i cant even get in a relationship because of this condition.The funny thing about it i feel i am not a shy person it is the facial flushing if anything that makes me want to go and hide away.Just wondering if anyone else suffers with this condition
It is not just you, i promise. Even in situations where i don't actually feel nervous, i start to get incredibly hot, and my face just goes tomato red. And it actually gets to the point where it is the flushing of my face that makes me nervous and embarrassed. So don't feel as if you are the only one!

wp123

Yeah, I used to have that problem pretty bad myself, everyone used to make fun of me and draw unwanted attention towards myself. In fact I believe that's how my social phobia began I had to read aloud in front of my class in middle school and I ended up losing my train of thought and for some reason it made me real nervous to the point of having a panic attack. Everyone in my class was focusing directly on me and talking about how red my face was and from that point forward I always tried to avoid reading out loud or being the center of attention. The one thing that did help though was to just accept it and not be afraid of blushing, I don't think anyone can deliberately stop blushing but if you can develop that attitude of so what if I do turn red it seems to diminish on its own. If your constantly worried about your face turning red then guess what's going to happen but on the other hand if you kind of just learn to be ok with it, it seems to go away at least for me.

wp123

Although looking back you did say it began when you were five so if your case is different I definitely don't want to lead you in the wrong direction

dottie

i doubt this will help you but...

when i blush, i decide, "ok, i'm blushing so i am going to try to blush even more." "trying" to blush kind of diverts my attention from the thing that is actually making me blush in that moment. really, you can't make yourself blush (or blush more) so essentially what i'm doing is killing the blushing by distraction. if that makes any sense. at the least, it helps me to accept it a bit more in the moment and get through it.

don't be so hard on yourself about it, though. most people find blushing as a sign of sincerity- a rare, charming quality. and the ones who don't... are jerks. that is fact.

love yourself.

doesit

i can relate to everything you said,although if your really at that age you should be aware that people dont really care if your red or blue,im having same condition but im half your age and see a lot of older people and unless your young looking or have a very pale skin it shouldn't draw any attention as i see people every day in their 40-50s bright red,and no one cares,if someone do asks you or makes comments about it just let them know you have high blood pressure that's it,your main issue sounds more being lonely then having FB.