Help using glycopyrrolate cream please.

ukchick

I've just picked up some Glycopyrrolate in Cetomagrogol 1% cream for my 14 year old daughter.
I would appreciate advice on the best way to use this for her hands.
I requested this as I'd read on this forum that it may work for her and so the pharmacist wasn't really sure on how many times to apply it,spread thinly or how long should we wait to see if it is working etc
Thanks so much for any help x

bleachie

I would try using it before bed on a small area to make sure she doesn't come up with rashes. If everything works out OK, I would use it before bed every night for a week then every 2 days and then twice a week.

Did you manage to get this from your GP on the NHS?. Do you mind telling me what you asked for?.

Good luck.

ukchick

Thanks Bleachie
Yes,I got this on the nhs.
I took my daughter to see a dermatologist at our local hospital after years of trying different things for her hands,I even bought a Hidrex machine. Luckily,the dermatologist has 2 daughters the same age and was really keen to help.
To be honest I hunted this forum for any ideas that we hadn't tried and the Glycopyrrolate popped up so I asked for that but didn't want a tablet form only topical.
I bought Secure wipes from Canada which slightly worked but there's no way I could afford to buy them on a regular basis.
Good luck and feel free to ask me anything else x

ukchick

Thanks for asking, the dr advised using the cream morning and night. She has done this for a week now and she has had more episodes of dryness throughout the day but is still experiencing lots of dripping of her hands.
Will keep you updated. X

Sprawling

So sorry your daughter has to suffer with dripping hands. The things we give our children through bad genes... yuck.

wannabedry

Hi, any updates on this cream? ive seen studies that claim they used anticholinergic creams or gels and it reduced the side effects usually associated with the pills, but I cant believe there isnt more info on this yet. im currently trying drysol (20% aluminum) for my stomach and back and legs but dont like the irritation. (the secure wipes from canada have glyco. in them but the price is outrageous for such a tiny amount of wipes.)