Hello, I'm new here

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I just joined, thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Graeme. I've had social phobia most of my life. I also have depression, which I think most people with social phobia have.

My social phobia started to get worse when I was 12 years old. High school was torture for me, I was bullied constantly because my social phobia. I hardly talked and dreaded if a teacher asked me a question or I had to do a presentation in English class. I had few friend during my school years. I haven't kept in touch with any of them.

By the time I was 16 years old, I pretty much stopped caring about school, I was talked into staying on by teachers and my family. I left a year later when I was 17 because I couldn't cope with the pressure put upon me by my family and teachers.

I've spent the last 3 years of my life doing nothing. I'm single, unemployed, depressed and lonely. I don't know what to do with my life. I'm 19, nearly 20 years old (I'll be 20 at the end of March). I feel life's passing me by and I'm a failure. I'm always doubting myself. I didn't go to college as my parents wanted, so I feel I've let them and myself down. Well, that's my introduction, I sure some of you can relate.