Hello, im new here and my SP has ruined my life.

Harbinger

Hello im Cris, im from Puerto Rico, I play videogames, was a former green belt, I like anime and im overly nice to people.

I have had social phobia for 7 years(5 years since it got really bad), spent most of middleschool and highschool without any friends, always alone. Things did get better at the very end of highschool and I got a friend(who happenned to be the girl I have had a crush on for 4 years....) she helped me out with my SP and I have always been there for her as well and she became my best friend. But now im in college she doesn't text me much and I have no friends in college, again im alone. I though that things where finally getting better for me, but I was wrong and I have taken many steps back since college started earlier this year.

Im a very positive guy, but my SP has been ruining my life and making me negative, I know it's all in my head, but I keep struggling. It's hard staying optimistic, my grades have gotten worse and im lost. Im very depressed, I can't sleep, my best friend seems to be ignoring me this month, I can't talk to her anymore about my SP because I don't want her to see me like this anymore. I know this isn't me, I refuse to accept this as me, im not a loner, I love socializing I just can't do it.

I don't know why im here, I don't know why im posting, I guess I just can't stand feeling alone because the pain is too much. There is a lot more that I could write, but I don't want to make this any longer.

But on a different note, as depressed as I am right now, I know that things can get better and the pain will eventually be replaced by strenght. I just hope it happens soon...

Last edited:

Sammie_Kay

Hello ! Welcome! Talking about what your going through with others who understand help a a lot. Also you can make friends on here. My name is Samantha. I hope your having a good week!

Harbinger

Hello ! Welcome! Talking about what your going through with others who understand help a a lot. Also you can make friends on here. My name is Samantha. I hope your having a good week!

Thanks, im feeling better today than when I wrote that, I hope you also have a great week. I was never able to talk about my SP until a couple months back, im usually not good at talking about my problems and don't like putting them on the shoulders of others, but we sometimes need help and can't do everything on our own. Well it's nice to meet you.

Sammie_Kay

I am glad to hear your doing better. I have good and bad moments as well. My week is going pretty well so far. Been busy but I guess its cause of the season. I don't talk about my SP in public. Just a few people even know I have really bad anxiety. Don't ever feel bad about talking or looking for answers here. I know that is easier said then done but we all have things that we have to work through and It helps to talk or just read posts on this site. I hope you find some good things and more friends during your trip on here!

April72

Hello, I'm also new but I wanted to say welcome.

You have to feel very bad with your friend's silence. I'm sorry. It's like loosing a connection with the outside world. Did you write her?

It called me the attention the point you set up about don't accept your condition. Perhaps it's better for you but does it means that you are not following a therapy or doing something to cope with social anxiety and your mood swings? I tell you it because working to overcome your anxiety problems may make the difference.
I followed a progressive social exposure therapy and it helped me a lot. I'm now moré comfortable in many situations and. I can take a pretty functional life.

I wish you the same.

SoScared

^agreed. The best thing I ever did was to see CBT a therapist who suggested gradual exposure therapy. You can break this ongoing cycle. but it takes some guided effort.

Harbinger

Hello, I'm also new but I wanted to say welcome.

You have to feel very bad with your friend's silence. I'm sorry. It's like loosing a connection with the outside world. Did you write her?

It called me the attention the point you set up about don't accept your condition. Perhaps it's better for you but does it means that you are not following a therapy or doing something to cope with social anxiety and your mood swings? I tell you it because working to overcome your anxiety problems may make the difference.
I followed a progressive social exposure therapy and it helped me a lot. I'm now moré comfortable in many situations and. I can take a pretty functional life.

I wish you the same.

Sorry for not replying sooner, been busy. Well I used to see a psychologist, but he moved...and i have texted her, she keeps ignoring me, I asked her why, no reply...

Harbinger

I am glad to hear your doing better. I have good and bad moments as well. My week is going pretty well so far. Been busy but I guess its cause of the season. I don't talk about my SP in public. Just a few people even know I have really bad anxiety. Don't ever feel bad about talking or looking for answers here. I know that is easier said then done but we all have things that we have to work through and It helps to talk or just read posts on this site. I hope you find some good things and more friends during your trip on here!

Thanks, I hope I do.