Hello from Ireland

Seabreeze

Hi all, finally plucked up the courage to join this S.A forum.
I have been struggling with it for some time. I mostly suffer from anxiety where there may be alot of people who I don't feel comfortable with. I find social interaction challenging and stressful. I'm fine one to one dealing with people. No probs and I come across quite well.

I cope well in small groups that I know pretty well and feel comfortable with. I have had cognitive therapy about 8 years ago which I did find extremely helpful and I got my first permanent job which I am still in :eek: and also started using public transport. It's hard to imagine now I had difficulty getting on public transport as I now love it. I love travelling and I have coping mechanisms for airports trains etc. Can't beat a newspaper and good book. It hides a multitude of things :wink:

I am a married 30 something female, My hubbie is pretty understanding and knows whats up however most of my family (including parents) don't know the real me. I'm finding that a major stress in my life trying to keep up appearances and pretend everything is hunky dorey.
Anyhow thats it for the moment. Byeeee

Seabreeze

Sabbath thanks for that,
I am glad to finally be somewhere where I can relate to other people who go through the same thing. It is very frustrating sometimes trying to cover up to other people. I feel such a weirdo sometimes :oops:
Most of my problems are at work and social functions. Most I just avoid :(