Hello Everyone, I'm New!!

ShySam2013

Hi everyone,

I have just joined today & wanted to say hi - I came across this site whilst searching about being quiet at work. I've been having a quick look through people's posts on here & it's been like a weight has been lifted as I thought I was entirely alone with the issues I have!!

My main problem is at work - I barely speak to people but I do try to go out make a round of teas for the very small team I work with to try & get myself "out there" amongst other colleagues but mainly I will disengage with my surroundings & focus on the computer screen especially on a bad day, I'm pretty sure that my colleagues either think I'm rude/a bitch/arrogant &/or a weirdo. Also I will tend to hang back til everyone has left for the day n my little part of the office so that I don't have to say "goodbye" & draw attention to myself!! I went to the work Christmas party recently & took my partner with me for support & even then I wanted to run away - I felt physically sick the entire time & we left quietly whilst everyone else was partying - it was awful & made me feel utterly wretched about myself - it took the best part of a week just to get over that one evening.

There are times when I just wish someone would come along & do all the responsible, adult stuff for me although I try very, very hard to cope with that myself - I just get utterly drained & emotionally exhausted from it at times.

I'm really looking forward to reading more posts & engaging with people on here as it feels like it is somewhere I can be myself without worrying - wish the real world was like that!!

Thank you everyone
Sam

Last edited:

Srijita52

Hey Sam, welcome to the forum. It seems like you're doing great already by putting yourself out there. I know its draining though and it might take a while before you get in the place you'd like to be. Hang in there and keep trying, just remember that you're not alone.

ImNotMyIllness

Hey Sam! Good for you for trying to make an effort. This is a great place to blow off steam and learn how to cope with having SA from others.

Welcome to the forum! :)