Having A Crush With SP

Shy_Gurl2007

I've have been in love with this guy named Josh for 7 years off and on. He has liked me before but didn't want to date because he didn't feel I was mature enough yet, and I wasn't lol. I was always the one he talked to when his relationships failed. I always got him through the heartbreak, because I love him that much. We have this unbelievable connection. Josh said he hates me because I understand him but he loves me because I do. Four years later, he is single again and has told me that he might want a relationship with me if we got to know each other again.
Every time he sees me in school, he leaves all his friends to come talk to me. If he can't get close to me, he yells my name down the hallway. He also puts his arms around me and does the basic flirting. I feel so stupid when I talk to him because my mind does blank when I see him. In my mind, I planned what I was going to say but when he gets near me, I freeze and just end up laughing. I really want to be able to talk to him and show him that I really like him, even though he already can tell. I just don't know how to talk to him in public. Any advice?

Kinetik

I think you're lucky to have found that sort of bond. Most people will never really feel an ongoing connection like that. I know most of my relationships have been crappy, vapid sort of affairs. I think it's because I don't trust my personality enough to let the real me show long-term.

Anyway, what I'd do in your situation is back off just a tad. We men love a bit a mystery, and if you keep him guessing at this point he'll feel more inclined to make a move. Having a sisterly relationship with someone is great and we do love it, but I would heat things up by being a little aloof at just the right times, because if he feels that this might be a limited time offer, he's more likely to bite the bullet. Too much familiarity can be a killer. That's just my opinion though, take it with a pinch (or a jar) of salt.