Have you ever fainted in panic?

BeeBee

Hello!

I'm new here and am looking for some reassurance. I wondered if anyone has had the same experiences as me? I've been having panic attacks for a while now and once or twice I've also fainted and been sick. Is this part of the panic attack? Has anyone else ever fainted when they were panicking?

Please help if you've any experience as I feel so desperate right now.

Thankyou so much! xx

Remus

Staff member
been sick a few times and almost fiented a few times too

panic attacks do kinda wear off after time, you sort of adjust and they become less significant, takes a couple of years I found

Faded

Im not sure if it applies fainting,, but Yea im sure the blood circulation isnt normal at that moment (Panic!!!).. and the heart rate, body temp. ect.
That day, i had to read in class,I chocked at the first word Suddenly i ran out of the class, i was extremely hot and the world was like spinnin' around me so damn fast, i dont really remember wat happened afterwards, not even sure if i actually fainted .. but it was like i've just woken up from a weird sleep when the bell rang. :oops:

Septor

No I never fainted but I but came pretty close a couple of time when I had some of my worse panic attacks.Not a good feeling at all.

nedkelly

Yes, i have fainted many times Bee Bee. It's been a while sine i have, but am getting close again unfortunately. And also been sick too with it.
It really is scary at times. I was experiencing it for many years, at the same time was basically not sleeping at all.
Feel for you. Email me if you want too. Take care

Cory1980

i have had the feeling of fainting almost everytime i had an attack but i seem to do this kinda of shake it off where i jolt it off seems to work but i think it is my mind playing tricks on me, there have been times i made myself ill and didnt keep down food on many occasions

I fainted at college the other month... I don't even know why, I was just on my break and I started feeling dizzy and my legs went all jelly-like. Then I started sweating lots and my face was really hot and clammy. My vision was getting darker and darker and then I lost all my hearing, it was so scary, I thought I was going to die!! I dont remember bits of it I just remember the first aiders being there.. it was so embarrassing!!

Sable

Yes, I fainted at the hairdressers the last time I went. My councellor talked me into going, she thought it would be good for me. When I fainted they sat me upright in the chair, and it took me so long to come round that they called an ambulance. They wouldn't listen when I tried to protest, so they carted me out of there in a wheelchair (with half a haircut!).

I also threw up and fainted on my first (and only) day at a new job once too.

maggie

BeeBee said:
Hello!

I'm new here and am looking for some reassurance. I wondered if anyone has had the same experiences as me? I've been having panic attacks for a while now and once or twice I've also fainted and been sick. Is this part of the panic attack? Has anyone else ever fainted when they were panicking?

Please help if you've any experience as I feel so desperate right now.

Thankyou so much! xx
yeah, i fainted on my way in to the doctor to get a needle..and i hit my head on radiator on the way down..woke up to quite a commotion...embarassing :oops:

I've heard you're not supposed to faint during PA....
You feel like you getting ready to faint but you dont .....its like this fear keeps you from passing out ....
But i guess its possible ......if you start breathing too fast(hyperventilating) and you're not trying to slow your breathing down you might faint ....

styrka

I did faint once. my husband is swedish and once we were in sweden and we went to a party with all of his friends. there were like 30 people,lots of them have known my husband since kindergarden. it was the first time they were meeting me so I felt all eyes were on me, everyone looking at the 'foreigner'..... I was so nervous.... during the party there were different 'games' and competitions, drinking games mostly. during one of the games I was surrounded by all these people and I was going to sit on a chair but someone moved the chair and I fell on my ass on the floor. everyone was laughing so hard and looking at me. I got up, went to my table, started to hyperventilate and totally fainted.
and then when I woke up I was so embarrased thinking that probably people thought that I was pissed drunk....