have you ever been in public and everyone acts according to u??

dreamqueen

so when i go hang out with my friends i notice they "calm down" alot and stop joking so much to like the point of no joking n the mood is pretty serious but chill, the way i am.
everyone seems to do this around me!!! im not that great at relating to ppl or being in groups so i make convo by asking, how are u doing? hows ur job? and make talk with what i know about the person. ppl seem to get annoyed by this and sometimes i hear them make jokes abt it and they will even say SIKE after saying obviously non-serious stuff. its just agitating ppl blow it up that im not a complete joke. and when i do make jokes they will act stunned n like WOW that was a good one! like u can tell their sincere but its like damn get off my ass?? that makes me not wna joke cuz its like they think im not capable of it or like im not doing it out of my own pleasure.. i just dnt feel to do it all the time.

jus gna throw this in here but a new friend i had made and i actually feel comfortableish with her, but she came up to me with a huge greeting and hug and there was a bunch of other ppl in the room and it was a little uncomfortable, one: cuz there was just so many ppl in the room lol its was all crowded an the attention was on us, i mean i hugged her anyway but she was like a pig in **** an i was just like hey c:.. does it sound like i shud have exaggerated the hug too? , although i had let her know on facebook that i missed her bunchs n needed her back in my life which was like a joke yet true, but do u think sence i said that she thought i wud have like the big greeting an all that??

im probably preceieving all this stuff really ****d up too ...idk

is anyone else a certain way and u feel ppl try to adapt to it to make u comfortable??

garry29

It sounds to me that your friends are just trying to include you in their convo.

its just agitating ppl blow it up that im not a complete joke. and when i do make jokes they will act stunned n like WOW that was a good one!

This happens to me too sometimes and usually I'm surprised by their reaction because I seem to have my own sense of humour. Sometimes it happens when I say something and I laugh and then they all laugh as well, genuinely enough, and then I think "were we laughing at the same thing", which is odd?

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
I've been noticing this for a long time. I don't really have an answer for why it happens. I think it has something to do with not acting natural in interactions with others but I'm not sure.

I get mimic'd a lot.

lunarla

The other way around, actually. I'm usually the one acting according to who ever I'm hanging out with. I'm generally pretty mellow, but can be a bit wacko with certain friends, etc. I also notice that I pick of certain ways that my friends speak. Not necessarily what they say, but how they says things. It's strange.

I usually avoid being around people. When I actually am with a group of people, everyone is always so annoyingly cautious for some reason. I can't stand it!

But everyone acting according to me?...Nah!

dreamqueen

okey :p thanks for sharing that

hardon r u pretty cautious urself?

lun~, that seems pretty normal to me!! u see, i strive to be more alike when im with the "friends" cuz it seems to make them happy n have a good time if were all on the same "level" ooo how i wish to accomplish that :p

although i love being an individual, i think its important, but also i think its important to be able to adapt to areas and create flow...