Hating Life At The Moment!

Annie13

At This Precise Moment Im Hating Life, my mum always thinks im hiding something when im not i don't know why she can't just trust me, im her daughter.Just now im in my room, and she shouted to me are you gonna stay in your room all day, in a really angry voice. I said yes what else am i suppose to do? and she goes there's something going on with you and i don't like it. I got so angry i just stormed out, she really annoys me sometimes i love her but i don't think she trusts me i don't know why? that is what confuses me :( how do i get her to trust me and know that im not doing anything wrong at all. I said could i go down priory park today, when i went yesterday and she said you never use to go down there... i was like yes but i do now... and she said i aint f****** stupid,it's a boy. What's the problem if i have met a boy im thirteen, i should be having a boyfriend... i think she still thinks im like 2... :( i just get soo annoyed x x ::(:

Ignace

Why should you have a boyfriend at 13 ? It's not because other's think they're in love when they're 13 you should have a boyfriend. My mum doesn't trust me either. She's always checking what I do but tries to cover it up. :mad:

It sounds like your mom is stereotyping here. Projecting common teenage girl behavior uppon you, and so suspects you're distrustful, even though you might not be distrustful.

If you're truly not like she says you are, it could mean that you two have grown apart a little bit. Could you perhaps spend more time with her to gain her trust again?

Last edited:

mrb

i dont really know your mother so i couldnt really comment , but i do know some parents are a little over protective , and also no offence but you are only 13 , when my daughter had a bf i was worried and she was 15 lolz ..... im sure your mum just worries a little to much .. its a parent thing ....

hey annie :D:D

we sit as equals on the same forum , typing away , both of us ...yet (and your gonna be p1ssed with me for this) I am with your mum :rolleyes:

I know your relationship aint to good , but on some things ..well a mum just does what a mum does.

we don't want you to smoke, have boyfriends,drink,do drugs,go partying and generally doing all the things we did ourselves ;) ...and its kind of hard to accept that your going to.

I still hope though that it aint too tough for you still , but on some area's your mum will always be your mum.

mads

Mother-daughter relationships can be very volatile and even hostile when girls are around your age (the teen years). It was a lot worse between my mother and I when I was thirteen. Mothers feel as though they are losing control of their daughters and daughters feel as though their mothers are a pain in the ass who don't understand what they are going through.

You have to understand that no matter how much of a pain in the ass your mom may be, she probably does have your best interest at heart even is she's going about it the wrong way. She wouldn't bitch at you if she didn't care. She probably pulled some funny stuff when she was your age or at least witnessed other girls doing so....so she's probably just worried that you are doing the same. The trick is for both you to establish a raport. It may be difficult when you have two people bumping heads, but it can still be attempted with enough patience and calm. Try sitting down and talking to your mother when both of you are calm and receptive. Let her know how you feel and give her a chance to tell you how she feels. It might be beneficial for both of you.

Good post imo

Are you serious here ? They think they're cool with doing it at 9 or what ?:confused:

Oh, it goes even younger then that I'm afraid. Most of the time they're merely trying to recreate whatever they see from late night TV, or even what they see in their parents bedroom (ugh..). Kids experiment, that's kind of what they do. ^W^;

I thinks it's more due to poor censorship on the parents part.

Last edited:

Annie13

Hey everyone, i know i don't know what love is at my age... yeh maybe my mum is just trying to look out for me, but i just need some freedom sometimes, im not stupid, i don't smoke,drink or anything.... i have boyfriends because i just like to feel like i have someone i can trust and love, when i cant tell my parents something i don't want to... yeh fudgy i knew you would, i ain't pissed with you, i wouldn't be lol, all mum's take eachother's sides.. x x thankyou everyone for commenting x

your fab because you came back on with such grace and gave a fab answer ...thats why :D oh and you make me smile

consider yourself pirate annie ::p: