Hated for being different

AtTheGates

Banned
Do you know what i mean?

its like some people will talk bad about you/dislike you just because you aren't the same as them...it seems the people who are mostly like this are the really "cookie-cutter" types. I don't dislike those types of people but for some reason it seems like some of them consider THEIR way to be the "RIGHT" way and everything else is frowned upon or seen as inferior, abnormal, etc.....thats such bullshit...there are ALL KINDS of different people in the world who lead ALL KINDS of different lives and yet everyone is compared to some kind of boring standard of "normalcy"

Last edited:

Finally

That is what you think, not necessarily what they are thinking. We judge ourselves negatively yet blame others for treating us wrong.

Diend

they might feel self righteous and insecure about not living "normally". i've battled with my identity but it seems that the best way is to live naturally. it is hard to be someone you're not. the best thing is to ignore such selfish comments. they are being selfish for wanting others to live a certain way.

kaycee09

I understand this line of thinking.
I feel judged and despised on a regular basis, and it is only reinforced when you hear the 'Normal People' say nasty things like "weird" and "freak" in reference to you, without even bothering to keep their voices down of course.
The thing you have to understand is that it's just a cruel form of self-validation on their part. I know that doesn't make it right, it just means you're a big enough person to realize that it's not an okay way to handle things.

MollyBeGood

Do you know what i mean?

its like some people will talk bad about you/dislike you just because you aren't the same as them...it seems the people who are mostly like this are the really "cookie-cutter" types. I don't dislike those types of people but for some reason it seems like some of them consider THEIR way to be the "RIGHT" way and everything else is frowned upon or seen as inferior, abnormal, etc.....thats such bullshit...there are ALL KINDS of different people in the world who lead ALL KINDS of different lives and yet everyone is compared to some kind of boring standard of "normalcy"

This is the bottom line of why I cannot stand 95% of the world. It seems very hopeless to me as judgmental and hateful people are of other people who are different in any way that there is any hope for our species. It is so rare to have a convo with someone for more than say an hour and you don't find them full of hate and racism. I think the state I live in is pretty right wing so they are more inclined to be this way. I miss not seeing this side of humanity. People are awful gossips too which I also find really sad. They don't even know if I know such and such and there they are running them down right in front of me. They don't care if you are not racist, they are proud to be hating and want you to know it. I think because I am blonde with blues eyes that other whites just assume I am a racist like them. IDK but the level of intolerance people have for their fellow man is down right horrible. I have met many a white racist who has never even once been in contact with a Mexican or a Jew etc.. but hates them on pure principle. Brain washed losers all of them and they are reproducing by the millions. Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant.

MollyBeGood

The worst gossips are really religious people I have found. So they are preaching the word of God one min and hating someone the next. It is like because they go to Church they have a right to hate people and gossip? Where is the logic? Where is the Love?

I won't be a part of it either. Guess that means I will be alone a lot but that's OK if the alternative is so wrong.

AtTheGates

Banned
The worst gossips are really religious people I have found. So they are preaching the word of God one min and hating someone the next. It is like because they go to Church they have a right to hate people and gossip? Where is the logic? Where is the Love?

I won't be a part of it either. Guess that means I will be alone a lot but that's OK if the alternative is so wrong.

I think certain types of religious people use their piety as something to hide behind...much like certain people use their social status for the same reason...its a disguise..they can stand on a pedestal above everyone else and point their finger downward and judge everyone they feel is beneath them...almost like they want to play god in some aspect...idk maybe its an ego thing.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

I think the right way to deal with these types of people is to show them by not doing what they do. Not gossiping, not saying racist things. That way we are not being taken down by them. Lead by example. I have a tendency to always get fumed by it but in reality I am only hurting myself by letting their negative energy effect me. The last job I had was working for a woman that would talk bad about just about everyone the min they walked out of her shop. But to their face she was all nice and sweet. I literally would get ill physically from being around her. I had to quit sooner than i would have liked she was so awful. The way she would present herself one way then show her true self when they were gone was shocking! I am afraid that she is the norm in "civilized" society.

Yes, you are right ATG people do hide behind masks of status and religion. 100% correct.

I find too that people hide behind degrees.

There is so much in this world that people use to cover their true selves.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I think the right way to deal with these types of people is to show them by not doing what they do. Not gossiping, not saying racist things. That way we are not being taken down by them. Lead by example. I have a tendency to always get fumed by it but in reality I am only hurting myself by letting their negative energy effect me.

Aye, that's true. :thumbup:

Though, in ma experience, it's gets really annoying to have justify yer reasons for not doing what they do or being like them. :thumbdown: