Hate getting attached

dannyboy65

I love autism, I love having it and think its an amazing thing. I just hate this one thing where I get attached to things or people so quick and it always ends up with me getting hurt or embarrassed. You see a month ago I loved a girl but she went back with her abusive boyfriend so I decided its time for me to move on. So time went by and eventually I went to drivers ed, which happened to be at my old high school and I was panicking because for years I was tormented there. Well when the first break came I started to socialize with a girl in the class. It turned out she wasn't a student she was actually 20 and was like me and didn't care to get her licence. for the next month we would talk a lot. Tonight I added her on facebook because drivers ed is done. We started talking for a little and are getting to know each other better. Its just I'm so awkward and don't want to get attached but its so hard for me not to I just don't understand it.

Lavinialuna

I think a lot of us are like that, I know I am. I get my hopes up and get so smashed if things don't work out. Despite, just keep hope that things will go well, but remember to take one step at a time. I would hate to see you get hurt again so soon. Hugs!

BlueWeepingRose

Many times I've been crushed and hated putting myself out there due to the fear of being heartbroken all over again. For awhile I'll feel pain but overtime I'll shortly start to heal once I start doing things I enjoy. Don't have my license either so I can relate to you about that: I've been in two car accidents and now I have a fear of driving. Hopefully I'll get my license one day but don't plan on getting mine anytime soon.

Take things slow, don't rush into anything too soon. If you start feeling overally anxious do something to distract yourself.

anomicdeer

I'm the same way. I don't think I'm autistic as I was never tested for anything. I do get really attached. I just started talking to an ex whom I never lost feelings for and we apparently still feel the same way about each other but he knows so many people (I think) and he is always busy and I feel that I'm too clingy for him or that I'm just someone who is nice to know but not good enough to hang out with because he seem to always have time for others. So I decided not to text him today unless he does first (which he hasn't yet) except for our "good morning" text, which I love. I'm starting to think there is no one. Talking about meant to be. Something seems to always bring us back together but that's all... Never as far as I think it should be.

Elulla

I try not to get attached but it still happens, ive just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago he just decided it wasn't working packed and left, we were supposed to be getting married this year and normally when my relationships end I cry for a bit then carry on and eventually I'm okay, but its not the same this time I cant let him go and I'm petty much stalking him at the minute, hes cut me off completely and its killing me. I'm trying to carry on with 'normal' life but I'm dying here.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk