Has Depression/Loneliness Prevented You From......

How has depression & loneliness affected your life?

• It has prevented me from graduating from high school.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • It has prevented me from finishing college.

• It has prevented me from moving out of my parents place despite graduating from college.

• It's hopeless to think about getting a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I cannot be motivated to do anything at all.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Despite depression, I've done everything a normal happy person can do without having a partner.

• Despite depression, I've done everything a normal happy person can do with having a partner.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I am fine with life and am happy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

megalon

Sorry didn't come across right, when you go clubbing drinking partying having fun I like to let my hair down and dance around like a fool also but when the drinks are flowing the drunk girls will get close to anyone and so yes hands will go down my pants and then there will be laugher

Pics well yes sad I know I was young and foolish I sent a few pics to a girl that lived in my town

Then I tried dating doesn't matter if you take ages to get to know someone as soon as they find out they will laugh mock me and well girls are glued to there phones today so the old iPhone comes up click and bang they take a pic

You have no clue so nasty some girls are and can be can get close to a girl months of dating and she will turn dark hearted in mins it really is that disappointing to them .the gays love it iv been on a few rate my well you can guess the gays love it but I'm not gay its the women I love and they all just mock me like I am a freak

I have given up on dating ect .. iv been to mates bday bit drunk was having a great night with one girl all night kissing messing around she was telling me in my ear about the all things she wanted to do with me she started to unzip me and bang a smile a giggle and I'm left there with my zip undone while she walks off most of the night we was inseparable see its hard to find a girl that wants to stay around

Then when you do find a women that wants to hang around sex is awkward and being asked if your in yet really is like being stabbed in the heart really have given up

You keep saying how you've been housebound for 8 yrs. I doubt you would run into anyone who remembers these events after that much time has passed.

ukmale

You keep saying how you've been housebound for 8 yrs. I doubt you would run into anyone who remembers these events after that much time has passed.

True I'm sure they have all moved on and got on with there live but after being house bound for 8yrs it has changed me S.A like I get panic attacks like so yeah people move on but I haven't and its always in my mind people only wanna mock me laugh at me ect it also makes life hard to live going out seeing happy couples ect knowing that I will never be happy so yeah it has destroyed my life I'm totally alone don't have one single friend anymore so yeah I'm sure people have moved on but for me time has stood still like

GhoulsNightOut

I've been looking for a job for ages and it just feels like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I'm not even close. I can't get on with my life until I get a job. That's kind of why I'm not trying to be more social. I've shied away from my friends because I'm ashamed of myself. For the same reason, I wouldn't want to date anyone even if I had the opportunity. There are things I want and kind of need that I've had to put off buying. I can't move out until I get settled into a job for a while. I don't have the time or energy to do other things I need to. I feel like I've had to put the rest of my life on hold. The longer this goes on, the more depressed I get. I was doing somewhat better for awhile, but I've kind of relapsed and I've been more anxious over the past couple of months. It's getting harder to stay focused on what I need to be doing.

I feel your pain 100%, my SA twin. I relate to everything you just said except for the friends part since I don't have any. But I did stop speaking to my cousin out of shame because he wanted to hang out and catch up. He's my age, has a job he loves, has his own place, and a social life. Me...nothing.
What a nightmare situation to be in....

ukmale

I feel your pain 100%, my SA twin. I relate to everything you just said except for the friends part since I don't have any. But I did stop speaking to my cousin out of shame because he wanted to hang out and catch up. He's my age, has a job he loves, has his own place, and a social life. Me...nothing.
What a nightmare situation to be in....

Live sucks I know . Feel your pain .I have no friends I'm bored alone I am a shell of a man I have a shopping addiction I go out maybe a hand full of times a yr when I do go out to "catch" up with friends they seem to be ingrossed in there iPhones I don't have one no one to text or call me .I have no social life no no self esteem no self worth I can't look into peoples eyes talk to people I can't use a phone I'm a shell of a human being 8 long yrs locked in side my own little world

Kiwong

I am not happy all the time, sometimes I despair in fact. I am happy some of the time, and that is a hell of a lot better than a few years back. Maybe that's all you can expect out of life, happy every now and again? I feel thankful for that.

Fighter86

Prevented me from finishing colleage, cannot be motivated to do anything at all, and accepting being the doormat in unhappy relationships. I am very lonely and have no friends otherwise so I accept rather than pick the lonlier alternative. Things would be better if I am at least motivated, I probably could volunteer, join a club to meet people but I couldn't summon the interest or motivation whatsoever. I barely have strength getting out of bed in the mornings. In fact it is almost evening and I am still in bed :kickingmyself:

Last edited:

voodoochild16

That's another thing. I do this too, it's just an unfortunate way of thinking that we do a lot, so I don't blame him. Just gotta turn it all around by thinking about it logically.