Has anyone managed to overcome the fear of people judging them?

Saga

Yeah, okay, so I have this 'thing' about talking in front of anyone, whether I've known them for years or not, although it especially occurs if I'm having to talk to people who intimidate me, because I'm so scared they'll be secretly judging me and thinking everything I'm saying makes me sound like I'm a complete weirdo, or something of the likes. -_- Like, I don't actually think that what I'm saying IS that weird... but yeah. It really holds me back.
Does anyone else experience this and/or know how I can stop these thoughts? It's really frustrating. Bloop.

WishingICould

Yeah, okay, so I have this 'thing' about talking in front of anyone, whether I've known them for years or not, although it especially occurs if I'm having to talk to people who intimidate me, because I'm so scared they'll be secretly judging me and thinking everything I'm saying makes me sound like I'm a complete weirdo, or something of the likes. -_- Like, I don't actually think that what I'm saying IS that weird... but yeah. It really holds me back.
Does anyone else experience this and/or know how I can stop these thoughts? It's really frustrating. Bloop.

If i manage to overcome it i'll let you know. I don't see that happening though.

coyote

the best i can do is to free myself from thinking at all for a short time

no thoughts = no fears of judgment

can't always achieve it, but when i can, it makes the situation much easier to bear

Saga

the best i can do is to free myself from thinking at all for a short time

no thoughts = no fears of judgment

can't always achieve it, but when i can, it makes the situation much easier to bear

Interesting. How do you go about not thinking, though? >_>

Lamb

I made a similar post to this today so the answer is, no.

It's a bit rude but sometimes when I'm talking to others I'll keep my headphones on with my music lowered so I can hear the person but also hear my music. It helps to not allow my mind to drift.

Sometimes stepping away from the moment helps, or if there's an activity going on at the same time I'll do that.