Has anyone heard of dry iontophoresis?

Jezza

What is dry-type iontophoresis? I heard that it is very effective. Could you do "dry type iontophoresis" by using an existing iontophoresis machine with out water?

Here is an article explaining it:
JAMA Network | Archives of Dermatology | Immediate Reduction in Sweat Secretion With Electric Current Application in Primary Palmar Hyperhidrosis

Interesting.

However from taking a quick glance at it, the HH returned 2 minutes after treatment...so the question is if you do repeated or longer treatments does that 'dry time' increase dramatically to the point that it's more effective than tap water ionto and/or as effective so it might be useful for other body areas that you can't submerge in trays with water...

Sprawling

If this machine is similar to a typical galvanic device, I suppose one could experiment with it easy enough. Electrical current is used for short circuiting pain to the brain. When I do ionto, it definitely reduces my fibromyalgia pain as well as reducing my hand sweating on the hand that 's not being treated. Since the study was only done on six people and not compared to tap water ionto, the study basically is useless.

Electric current definitely effects our nervous system. A pacemaker is an electrical device that effects the heart in a similar way how ionto controls sweating. It's just not fully understood why tap water ionto works. In my own experimentation I have discovered that success is not totally dependent upon the water although it appears to so for some.

I've used the same identical tap water by transporting it 450 miles from the original source. The tap water worked in one region and not the other. Stress levels, medications, climate and location altitude all can play a factor in ionto treatment. I had rain water work miracles for my treatment one year and the following year have no effect. My treatments now are unpredictable at best. Yet, I had great success for at least 5 years straight. What changed? My body, health and stress level.

The point is that the study needs a wider range of parameters.

Sprawling

The machine in the article would most likely be a very good machine for the tap water ionto treatments that some of us do. It's also way cheaper and works the same way. Notice that none of the machines like the Fischer, Hidrex, etc give you any specifications.

Drug Delivery System - Phoresor Unit II

This machine also has a pulse feature. Also similar to the Galvanic machine that I currently use. Galvanic and Ionto do the same thing. The Fischer MD-1a that I used for years is called a Galvanic Unit. As I have discovered, there is just no need to spend the amount of money theses companies charge when one can get the same functional device at over half the cost.

Here's what I'm using currently:

Ultra-G, Digital Galvanic - High Voltage Stimulator - Allegro Medical Supplies

Works exactly the same as the overpriced Fischer MD-1a and has pulsed current.