Has anyone been hypnotized?

bigrob

I'm not sure if this is true because I was told this a long time ago but when you get hypnotize they cant make you do something that you wouldn't do in real life.For instance kill some one

Make me wonder how affective hypnosis on thing like this are.

It goes deeper than that. Hypnosis is stopped by a persons ethics, morality, and belief system.

While studying hypnosis I came across a story of a stage hypnosis that was doing his show. FWIW stage hypnosis show are impressive because the audience members who volunteered are EXTREMELY willing (they volunteered in front of hundreds of strangers after all). Anyway, this one particular lady did everything the hypnotist said....act like a chicken, forget the number six, ect...but when the hypnotist asked her to dance she refused. He asked again and she wouldn't do it.

After the show he tracked her down and told her how well she did and thanked her, but he was perplexed that she wouldn't dance. She replied it was against her religion to dance.

Anyone interested in self hypnosis can try the book "Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself with Your Eyes Open" by Forbes Robbins Blair

In fact, the story I just told may be in that book (can't remember for sure)

seafolly

Yes and no.

My psychiatrist tried to convince me to try it out as most therapy techniques haven't been working anymore. So we tried it to a certain degree and I really did feel different. Out of body, even, though I wasn't completely hypnotized. I believe he was just trying to calm me down and making an arm feel lighter, which it did. It didn't move upwards like he wanted but I felt a tingling sensation - curious! But the experience made me uncomfortable. It wasn't because he was a man, I just had a strange feeling about him. It's certainly important to have complete trust in the person you're working with.