Has anybody here ever taken diet pills?

SadSally

If so, which ones, and did they work?
I used Pharma Norde and I didn't really lose weight besides a pound or two, but I ate alot of junk food and I didn't gain any weight.

Rawz

From what I've seen, when it comes diet pills, the only ones that aren't at least slightly dangerous to take are mainly caffeine and other vitamins/herbs.

As for things that can help you lose weight, there's caffeine, green tea, and also coconut oil (which can help you lose more than green tea, IIRC).

Also cutting out junk food almost completely (or completely) and bringing carbs down to 80g or less a day with obviously help a lot.

Zooman

Nope.. I've don't really think people should be taking them either. I use to be pretty overweight as a kid and i lost the weight from simply eating better and exercise. There really isn't any secret to losing weight, it all comes down to diet and exercise.

SCP-087-1

Nope.. I've don't really think people should be taking them either. I use to be pretty overweight as a kid and i lost the weight from simply eating better and exercise. There really isn't any secret to losing weight, it all comes down to diet and exercise.

Diet, exercise and persistence. A lot of people give up too quickly. It can be a slow process.

A lot of people say "calories in vs calories out" and this is true but over simplified. If you ate a cup of plain popcorn you would get 30 calories (I think) and it would satiate your hunger but if you ate the equivalent calories in pure sugar, which is 2 teaspoons full of sugar (I think), it wouldn't satiate your hunger at all and you would want to eat more.

So in terms of diet you can eat less of the same stuff you normally eat. Or you could eat foods with more volume per calorie.

So you don't even have to starve to lose weight. Eat foods high in fiber but low in calories. The high fiber adds a lot of volume and keeps you fuller for longer. It takes ages to digest high fiber foods so you don't feel the need to snack all the time. Stuff like raw vegetables or plain popcorn is good. Steamed veges are good too. But the more you cook something the more calories become available for your body to use. Also cooking lowers fiber content a bit

Sacrament

Diet pills are placebos. Get off your butt, go for a run on a daily (or walk at a quick pace) and eat smart.

SadSally

see that's the thing. A year ago I did eat very healthy foods and I don't have a car so I had to walk for two hours everyday. I was still fat and jiggly.
I don't even weight that much. I'm 4ft11 and 115 pounds but I look so heavy and flabby,

Zooman

see that's the thing. A year ago I did eat very healthy foods and I don't have a car so I had to walk for two hours everyday. I was still fat and jiggly.
I don't even weight that much. I'm 4ft11 and 115 pounds but I look so heavy and flabby,

I never liked cardio tbh. I would weightlift and MAYBE do cardio on the side. Lifting weights expends a lot of calories and building muscle burns fat. So even when you aren't doing anything, your muscles are keeping you lean. You just have to maintain the muscle. Fortunately weight lifting was also very therapeutic for me. It helped me to release a lot of built up stress.

Last edited: