Happy birthday?

sucettes

So, it was my birthday recently.. But I have no idea how to enjoy it. I just feel all this pressure, my family and everyone are expecting me to be happy, that this is supposed to be the happiest day of the year for me. I mean, I don't even have friends to celebrate with, and I'm too shy to make a party with the few people I know... My question is, how do you feel when it is your birthday and how do you celebrate it?

I just feel pressured and that people make a too big deal out of it. And I'm trying to smile through the whole day just to make whoever it is around me satisfied, 'cause I don't want to seem like I'm not enjoying my day. ::(: Does that make sense?

DeadmanWalking

Well, for starters, happy birthday:).

You celebrate your birthday however you choose to and feel however you want to. There are people who choose not to celebrate their birthdays for whatever reason; that doesn't make them bad, it's just their choice. I don't really celebrate mine and, on my day, I don't feel anything. It just is what it is. Do whatever you want to and let the world either accept it or go away. There's no "scripted way" to celebrate a birthday.

sucettes

Well, for starters, happy birthday:).

You celebrate your birthday however you choose to and feel however you want to. There are people who choose not to celebrate their birthdays for whatever reason; that doesn't make them bad, it's just their choice. I don't really celebrate mine and, on my day, I don't feel anything. It just is what it is. Do whatever you want to and let the world either accept it or go away. There's no "scripted way" to celebrate a birthday.

What you're saying sounds very intelligent and I actually feel better after reading it. Thank you! :)