hands and feet sweating

anuskas

Hello! I´ve read here about this strange and rare (I thought) disease that makes hands and feet sweating. To my surprise, today, I was talking to a colleague about our heavy purses and enumerating the objects we have in it when she said she has to have a good cream for her hands because she has very dry hands in consequence of a surgery and she explained the same problems that I´ve been reading here. So, why don´t you do a surgery? My colleague is very happy with it despite the fact that now she has a little bit of sweating on her back.

ImNotMyIllness

My hands are dry but I do have light sweating on my feet...nothing too bad though. I heard surgery can be very dangerous. People on this forum have written about it and I've read other horror stories on the internet.

anuskas

Really? My colleague said her feet continue sweating a bit but her hands are very dry and she would do it again because the surgery for the hands is simple and she can shake hands now. She also said her doctor thinks doing the surgery to the feet is a risk but her feet are much better now and she isn´t going to do it.

foulbeast

as i know, the surgery success depends on the surgeon, and on the patient. so it varies. some people just dont want to take that risk. and those who did, didnt have much choise.

Englishman

Really? My colleague said her feet continue sweating a bit but her hands are very dry and she would do it again because the surgery for the hands is simple and she can shake hands now. She also said her doctor thinks doing the surgery to the feet is a risk but her feet are much better now and she isn´t going to do it.

Foulbeast, I forgot to welcome you to the forum before so yeah, welcome dude. :)

aries86

I had hoped that surgery would be the answer but, I've heard more bad than good regarding results. The good that I've heard consequently is on websites where they profit from it :) I would be willing to do it if compensatory sweating was not a possiblity. I've dealt with hand and feet sweating for almost my whole life and I absolutely hate it, but I would hate to have to learn to cope with sweating from another area this late in the game. Thanks for the insight though :) If the outlook for the surgery ever gets better, I will definitely do it.

86theHH

Consider trying a home made iontophoresis machine before you consider surgery. Google "home made iontophoresis" and give it a go.

86theHH

It´s a pity if you don´t consider surgery... Stop suffering!

I've almost completely stopped my feet from sweating with 30 minute Ionto sessions every other day and will be stretching out the days between sessions to one week.
No scarring, no pain, and no cuts into my skin. I also don't have to concern myself with determining how qualified a surgeon would be in performing this type of surgery.