Guy Friend

Bittersweet

I've been spending a lot of time with a guy friend lately. He said that he considers me a friend, but he also said that he should probably be with a girl like me.

Is there any chance of things evolving, or am I stuck in the friend zone?

Last edited:

Anomaly

Not sure, that would depend on the context. Do you think their inclusion in conversations was strange?

Anomaly

Typical behavior is okay for describing large groups of people, i.e., predictions in economics, but not very useful for trying to predict what any particular person would do. I wouldn't bring up potential romantic interests if I could help it, but perhaps others would think differently. Maybe he's trying to incite jealously or something? I just have very little information to work with.

Apotheosis

I was hoping for clues on typical behavior, but I guess it's all based on context.

"Typical" behavior varies greatly; some guys drop hints (I agree with Anomaly), while others may show affection via flying hugtackles or other methods of spontaneous aerial smoochery.

WantToHide

I think there's a chance. I think he was testing the waters to see how you would react to him suggesting that a guy like him should be with a girl like you. And spending lots of time with you is a good sign. I think he's not going to say that he's interested in you until he gets some indication that you might like him back and that was his way of seeing how you might feel. Had you have said "yea, I think I should be with someone who is as nice as you" then that would have given him the green light, however had you have said "really? I'm looking for someone older/younger/richer/taller", he would have known you're not interested without having to actually ask you out and be turned down.