Growling stomach..ARGH!

Quiet Angel

Have you guys ever had a growling stomach in a meeting, during class, or anywhere with several people around? And it's just loud and obvious? ::(: It rarely happens to me but each time I attend class, my stomach feels like it's going to growl at any moment. One time, my stomach growled loudly and a few people looked over. I felt so humiliated. It happened again except it was a little more quiet but repetitive and I felt like I was going to die. Everyday, I make sure to eat enough food before class. One time I ate too much to make sure it wouldn't happen but it happened because I was too full. I hate drawing attention to myself and sometimes I'm scared if the growl will sound like a fart. Every time I walk to class now, my heart beats rapidly, I tense up, and it's hard for me to breathe. And over something so stupid! Can any of you guys relate? Or is it just weird? :confused:

D

deleted user 1

I can relate to this, though it doesn't bother me to the same extent. When I was at school it happened a couple of times at the worst possible moments, lol, once being during a presentation... as if I didn't hate presentations anyway! Sorry you feel so bad about it though :(

But I assure you that this is something that everyone knows happens and is normal. You'll be bothered about it the whole day, but others will have forgotten minutes after (You'd be surprised how limited most people's attention span and memory retention is! lol).

EscapeArtist

From what I've learned a growling stomach is actually quite abnormal. It usually signifies that something that you ate is stressing your digestive system. Perhaps consider removing common allergens from your diet, I used to have the exact same problem. Was quite rare but stomach growled during class, embarrassing.

geekyloaner

From what I've learned a growling stomach is actually quite abnormal. It usually signifies that something that you ate is stressing your digestive system. Perhaps consider removing common allergens from your diet, I used to have the exact same problem. Was quite rare but stomach growled during class, embarrassing.

I can relate with you though

Snowdrop

I can relate as well, used to happen to me during classes alll the time. And as if by irony, it would be the ones where everyone was deadly silent ¬¬ and I would get so annoyed at myself. But I've learnt that it is only because I'm so bothered and paranoid by it, that it happens. It's because I'm so self conscious about it, I had to learn that it didn't matter and that no one cared that much anyway. So what if your stomach growls? :) it's part of being human, and it definitely happens to everyone. I told myself it sounded silly that I was telling all this to myself as well, but I had to accept it.

Phoenixx

Glad I'm not the only one like this. ::eek:: It used to be really bad in middle school/early high school. About an hour after I would eat lunch, my stomach just wouldn't stop. I would get really anxious, and that just made it worse. My stomach problems were actually caused by food allergies, wheat to be exact. After taking wheat out of my diet, the growling basically stopped.

Of course I still get it every once in a while, especially when I'm really nervous. After I relax though, it goes away.

coyote

there was a woman i knew

every time we were in bed together, both our stomachs growled and gurgled

and neither of us were particularly nervous or anxious

very odd

I've never had a growly tummy in any other situation - unless I was hungry

Last edited: