Greetings from an alien.

Josh5339

Hey my name's actually not Josh.

It's a character in a play that I really relate to. I've never felt comfortable with my own name, it always sounded odd to me - probably because when I was in the orphanage for a couple months I was called Sergio, then the name change might have screwed me up. Serge feels more normal. Adoptive name is Adam.

I have extreme shyness, a really low self-esteem, I've never been anywhere with a girl and at 21 nearing 22 makes me really feel worthless. Most of my time consists of staying in my room, my fortress of solitude, I can handle it sometimes - but it's really isolating.

I have extreme difficulty making friends. In LA, I was able to make a couple friends over the summer - but, only because they came up to me and didn't give up on me and kept inviting me to go places so I came to trusting them. I'm moving out there after this school year. On campus, I have - one friend. Which is, pathetic, then I only have three friends back home.

I feel like an alien, that I look at people and I can't understand them. They're all running around having fun and talking which I can't do for some reason. I just want to feel normal. Gonna transfer to a psychiatrist, try some meds out even though I always told myself I was above it - I need it, I really need it. Maybe then an alien can become human.

Josh5339

Haven't tried ACT. I tried therapy, just talking - but, it was just talking and not really getting any results in my daily life. Figuring, the next best solution is to go to the next step in getting help.