Got a date this saturday...

steviegerrard489

Well not quite a date. It is just me and a girl and we're going to a comedy show and possibly to a noodle place beforehand.

I say it's not a date because she has a boyfriend. They hav been going out for about 3 months. I've never met him as I only know the girl through work and have not been out socially with her other than at work outings. She sat at the desk next to me for 6 months until she went to a different department - that's how I know her.

She is really popular and has a close circle of friends (I've seen through Facebook). Fortunately, she doesn't know I'm a bit of a loser who only really has 2 good friends outside of work! They live 300 miles away.

I know I need to show some bottle if I want to get anything out of this situation. I heard she likes quite arrogant, outgoing types judging by what I heard about her previous and current boyfriend.

That would seem to rule me out but you never know. I'm going to place a fair deal of importance on the way she looks/dresses when we go this gig. If she's quite 'made up' then I guess we could be on a 'proper date' because normally she just goes for the natural look.

You might wonder why I'm willing to go out with a girl who has a boyfriend. Well for starters, my diary is pretty empty! And secondly, she told me how she didn't want to get stuck in a serious relationship after she moved to London. (She split with a guy she had been with for 2.5 years).

steviegerrard489

Well I had my 'date' this evening and it was fine. We went for a chinese meal then on to the comedy show which was good because you don't have to talk during the acts...

It definately wasn't a proper date as it appears she is content with her current boyfriend and doesn't seem like the cheating type. Oh well..

But now of course I want to get to the stage where she will invite me to parties at her house etc. That way I would get to meet her friends (friends who are girls). Problem is, she already seems to have her own circle of friends and not that interested in inviting 'outsiders' in.