Going to a new country. Anxiety over 1000%!

AllSweaty

Hello guys.

Since i remember, i was always a very nervous/anxious person, since i was a kid.

If someone calls me and tell me that i have a job interview in a few days, i immediatlely start to be anxious, with cold and sweaty hands. At the minimal situation, i stay like that.

Next week i'll start a new adventure in my life: new country, new language, new job, new people. As you can imagine, my anxiety levels are hitting the roof, barely sleep already, almost all the time with cold and sweaty hands, sometimes fast heart beating.

I've always lived with this, i'm used to it already. But this time things are different, this is something big that i've never faced before, that's why i'm like this right now. Staying like this can obviously affect my productivity when i'm there.

This week i'll go to my doctor, tell the situation and see if he can prescribe some medication that can relieve me.

Do some of you feel like this in certain situations? What medication or any other stuff help you to reduce it?

Thank you all!

Kaekae

I'm the same, I usually feel really anxious in the run up to the event, so much so that I can't concentrate on anything and end up getting panic attacks. I usually find that when I'm going through it I'm actually a lot braver than the run up to it. I suppose I tend to worry too much. I'm not medicated nowadays but there are a lot of medicines available to help with anxiety.

It's a massive change moving countries though. You could try to think of some positive outcomes, will you be getting more money? Is the place you're moving to nicer?

Good luck with the move.

DeLasDudasInfinitas

I feel like that in certain situations too and I understand what you're feeling because I want to live in another country which is far away from where I live and where they speak another language. I feel very anxious whenever I think about going away, but it's what I really want to do so I try to be positive about it. I hope that your doctor can help you and that everything goes well. I'm sure that you'll feel better after some time being there. :)

AllSweaty

Thank you guys.

Of course it will be a good change for me, in all aspects i guess.

But as you know, no matter what, this thing is uncontrollable and only time will make it disappear.

Will see my doctor to see if he can prescribe something that helps me at least in the first days when i get there.

NamiraWilhelm

I know how you feel. I'm going Madagascar for 5 months in a month's time... I'm pretty sure the stress of that has contributed to my back giving out the last few days lol. So now getting more stressed as I'm crippled and can't get anything done. Yay?

Sacrament

But as you know, no matter what, this thing is uncontrollable and only time will make it disappear.

Not true, but I see what you're saying. However, it's up to your attitude. There are people who actually turn fear into excitement, in the sense that they're afraid or nervous due to a new venture, but they transform it into excitement for that new experience in their lives. It's okay to be nervous and fearful, of course, but the amount of nervousness and fear is ultimately up to you.

AllSweaty

Yes is true and i also understand what you're saying.

I think that the major factor that contributes to this is the cold and sweaty hands i get from that. That makes me even more nervous.

Obviously you've known about this for awhile,so have you at least picked up the basics of whatever language you're going to learn?