Goal Thread

thegunners21

Setting specific goals can be an extremely effective tool towards having a fulfilling life. By setting goals, you give yourself and your actions, your life, a purpose. Now everything you do can be measured against whether or not it moves you toward or away from your goals.

When someone confesses their goals to someone, there is extra pressure added on them to fulfill those goals and perhaps lead to extra effort.

This thread can be used to set goals, any goals you would like(from something trivial like talking to more strangers to something complicated like getting rid of your SA) and then you can see if you fulfilled them or not.

My goal is to earn $1500 by end of july for my trip in august. Let's see if i can achieve it.

psych

Oops! I used the search feature with the word goals plugged in, & nothing came up... :confused:
I just started another thread about short term goals.
Sorry, thegunners21, maybe a mod will choose to merge the two, my bad! ::(:

MikeyC

When someone confesses their goals to someone, there is extra pressure added on them to fulfill those goals and perhaps lead to extra effort.
Yes, and this is why I sometimes don't tell people what some of the more intricate goals are, for fear of failure and humiliation.

Where are you off to in July, Gunners? EDIT: Sorry, in August? Ha.

ikbenrifi

I'm afraid this is the opposite for me! whenever i confess a goal, i end up not achieving it !