glyco "contamination" question

shyguy210

I have a question that can sound weird (maybe I am just paranoid).

I have applied secure pads(topical glycopyrrolate) mainly to my face, head and neck.... I have the usual side effects : pb urinating and dry mouth and nose... It is not a problem for me.

How does the secure pads actually work? I guess this works with the skin absorbing the glycopyrrolate?

Now my question, can I "contaminate" a member of my family when applying the secure pads on my face and neck.. let me explain, let's say i applied secure pads on my neck and i sit on the couch and my neck gets contact with the couch .... and hence "depositing" glyco on it.. and another person sit at the same place ... won't the glyco deposited be absorbed by the person??

I specially worried as I live with my grandmother and she's an old person so the side effects caused by glyco might not be good if she does get "contaminated".. is that possible or I am paranoid??

shyguy210

Guys seems plausible i am not paranoid
https://www.google.mu/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062836/&ved=0CCMQFjABahUKEwiCm9HDtMnGAhVDtRQKHdAXALU&usg=AFQjCNGaHwz7Yxzvg7vVUY3YboijJeE6sA

I am so worried about contaminating my family members with glyco now... cause when i apply the secure pads ... there is a lot of things that comes in contact with the glyco via my hands... the door, the tap, my table, couch, etc...

Last edited:

shyguy210

I have read some more articles about accidental contamination .. I think I will stop using the glyco although it was so effective... I am so disappointed(but I am very afraid about contaminating my grand ma who is very old and weak... the side effects of the glyco might be very harmful for her).. I will try other solutions.. will try sweatblock which seems to have lots of good feedback but not sure if it is as effective as glyco

shyguy210

emailed pharmacy.ca yesterday and they replied me .. they confirmed my fears... you can get contaminated by touching surfaces or skin which have been in contact with glyco...

it can be very harmful for people with glaucoma if they touch their eyes with glyco on their hands

shyguy210

what I still don't know is how long does the glyco which have been in contact with a surface "survives" ... I would think its strength decreases with time and eventually becomes insignificant... but I don't know how long does it take... does anyone know??

gfire

shyguy i am in a very similar situation... all i can say is use the wipes and tell your friends/family to avoid touching the areas with glyco, facial hyperhidrosis is very embarrassing and there is no reason for you not to use it.

im currently using dysport (botox alternative) for to get through the summer days, glyco solution for days with activities and 1.5mg of avert for days i want 0 sweat and trust me its worth it!!!