Glyco baby

deadwetter

Well I got my Glycopyrrolate prescription about 3 weeks ago. Maybe some of you can relate to this.... I was actually scared to start taking it for fear of it not working. You know.....you get your hopes up for something to help with HH. Then you are devastated as you sit and cry in a drenched t-shirt. But not this time. Finally I think I have a weapon in my pitiful arsenal to slay this Dragon. It took a while to get it right but other Glyco posts pointed me in the right direction (thanks!). 2-3mg at 5:00am on an empty stomach before work which starts at 7:30am. Then a 10:00 AM 1mg kicker (only on days when I travel, deal with people, shake hands ect.) Today the heat index was 103. I was in the elements off and on all day. I was in and out of my work car that sat in the sun as I made my rounds. The glyco held like a titanium shield and I made it through the heat like a normal person. WOW....I hope it sticks. The side effects have been moderate. Dry eyes, a scratchy and dry throat, some soreness in my legs. The eyes worry me the most. But for now who cares? Bring it on. HH makes you lonely but it also makes you tough. I will drink water, use Visine, and deal with the aches and pains for the results. Hey maybe with time the side effects will fade and the meds will work better. We'll see. I know this drug is not for everyone but if you are suffering and haven't tried it please ask your dermatologist about it. Glycopyrrolate (generic for Robinul in the USA and Avert in Canada). Anyway, I will post updates as I continue to use it. Hopefully more good news to come. Hang in there guys :)

P.S. Has anyone had the side effect of weight gain on this drug???

hyp-hi

Glad to hear it is working out for you. It hasn't been working very well for me lately, but it could be because I am only taking it off and on, plus the fact that it is summer so it's always hot.

As far as the weight gain, I have not experienced any.

metal82a

Robinul has been a complete cure for me. After 20 years of social awkardness from age 14 to 34 I am finally normal. I take 2mg right when i get up and 2mg after lunch. The not eating right before or after doesn't seem to affect it's usefullness for me. No weight gain for me. Just some dry mouth/throat on occasion. Is it possible you are drink more juice or soda to compensate for the dry mouth? juice has a ton of calories. stick with water if you are.

pedro123

My doctors keep telling me it's not dehydration, it's dry mouth, so drinking more water won't get rid of the dry mouth all together. Robinul used to work very well for me, but lately it stopped working, so I switched to Pro Banthine. It works well in the mornings, but after 2:00 pm it stops working.

beckiboo

Hi there hows it going using the glyco? are you still using it?
how much would you say it stops your HH? and are you still on the same dosage? hope its going well for you!:D

loh71

Glyco can be a powerful weapon against HH. I'm still trying to figure out the ultimate regimen for it but when I get it right, it works wonders. Although most advise to take it several hours before eating, early in the day, I've taken it between lunch and dinner and almost completely shut down sweating. I sat in a hot car, in texas heat and didn't feel a bead of sweat form. I've worn a suit in a stuffy closed area and stayed dry as a whistle for hours. The same situation would usually soak my shirt so completely that it would appear to be a totally different color shirt.

But on the down side it can cause dry mouth and if taken too close to meals has caused stomach aches.

pedro123

Glyco can be a powerful weapon against HH. I'm still trying to figure out the ultimate regimen for it but when I get it right, it works wonders. Although most advise to take it several hours before eating, early in the day, I've taken it between lunch and dinner and almost completely shut down sweating. I sat in a hot car, in texas heat and didn't feel a bead of sweat form. I've worn a suit in a stuffy closed area and stayed dry as a whistle for hours. The same situation would usually soak my shirt so completely that it would appear to be a totally different color shirt.

But on the down side it can cause dry mouth and if taken too close to meals has caused stomach aches.

I don't know about the stomach issues, I might be wrong, but glyco shouldn't cause stomach aches.

I take glyco in the morning around 6 am then again at around 12:00 and then just before bed. Also I fast the whole day and only eat around 9:00 pm. It works wonders on an empty stomach.

xtv89x

There is now a liquid form of Glycopyrrolate called "Cuvposa" recently approved by the FDA in July 2010. Has anyone tried it yet?

Piglet Boy

during the initial taking of this on an empty stomache, i felt a big change in my voice. it was in the morning though. and shreaky.

JP81

Good to hear it works for you. I've been using it for about 2 years now and it does the job with a few side effects (the worst of which is getting red and hot in the face at about 1pm everyday after taking it at 7am).

With regards to the eye-drop, I highly recommend you use preservative-free eye-drops. My eyes became dependent on visine a while back to the point where I'd have to put it in every hour and without much effect. Stay away from that stuff.

hyp-hi

There is now a liquid form of Glycopyrrolate called "Cuvposa" recently approved by the FDA in July 2010. Has anyone tried it yet?

Interesting. It looks like it is marketed to control excessive drooling. I wonder if it would work any differently than the tablet form.

Solo Dolo

im on glyco again. it doesnt work for me. empty stomach or not. it didnt work last time i tried it either. nothing works for me. i want to die.

Knickerless

im on glyco again. it doesnt work for me. empty stomach or not. it didnt work last time i tried it either. nothing works for me. i want to die.

Solo, how much glyco have you tried and are you sure there is no reduction at all? If you have been taking over 4mg on an empty stomach and it has had no effect I would not see this a completely negative as there could then be a chance that there is an underlying condition causing your sweating as I have not heard of glyco having zero impact on hh before.

What else have you been tested for? Have you been through the usual channels of endocrinologists, neurologists, dermatologists, etc?

I know it f*cking sucks sometimes, if I had a pound for every time I walked through my front door, wrestled the shirt off my back, threw it against the wall and kicked the closest thing to me (other than the mrs) as hard as could I would be a rich man - Try not to get to down mate, you will get there in the end.

pedro123

Solo the good thing about glyco is that the sky's the limit. Just increase the dosage 1 mg at a time, or if you are impatient, just double it, and it should work. It is impossible for it to not work, it's like alcohol not getting you drunk

Solo Dolo

i am currently on 2mg morning 2mg afternoon 2mg night.........not working......last time i tried glyco i tried 5mg at once on an empty stomach and it just made me really sick, no sweat reduction...

pedro123

That should do the trick. There's no limit to how much glyco you take though, so try taking 5 in the morning then 2 and 2. If that doesn't work then switch to Pro Banthine, it's a different type of glyco. If that doesn't work, then maybe u have anxiety or some other problem and don't have HH at all.

Piglet Boy

i am currently on 2mg morning 2mg afternoon 2mg night.........not working......last time i tried glyco i tried 5mg at once on an empty stomach and it just made me really sick, no sweat reduction...

You need to consult your doctor then. 1MG is pretty strong and I can feel it.

But the sweating from anxiety and this are two diff't things.