Give me an Oscar!

black_mamba

I've been massively depressed and lonely over the past few days. My best friend/partner went off for a 3week holiday so I'm home alone. I made a list of things I needed to do and almost collapsed because my heart started pounding so fast looking at it.

Anyway! This afternoon I've been sending out lots of email job applications. This guys calls me back about a toy assembly job and wants me to come by the warehouse/factory tomorrow to check it out. No interview. :D But its not 100% secured yet more like 70%, but I don't care I'm so over the moon.

I think there were two clinchers;

1) I had spoken to this guy before when they recruited last year and I made a point of mentioning it (in a light hearted way) in my email.

2) The recruiter dude was a serial talker. He couldn't stop talking and repeated himself so I used this to my advantage. When he was chattin crap I was thinking of things to say in response to make me sound like a confident gal.

When I put the phone down I noticed all the beads of sweat running down my arm. :lol: Damn I just had a bubble bath.

*runs around screaming* OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Come one everyone join in with the screaming!

otso.gif
otso.gif
otso.gif
otso.gif

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif

Chilling__Echo

ROFL we really need the rolling laughing head emoticon...

congrats though! sounds good so far! i want that job haha

but don't be nervous! you sound like you're off to a great start, take advantage of it :)

Remus

Staff member
awwwww

thats sad that your on your own :(

great about that job though :D

maybe you should look for a new BF too while your on a roll :lol:

black_mamba

The best part is; I can take the work home if I want.

Oh and they even said if I had a friend who wanted to come along to help out (i.e. a job!) I could bring someone along. So if theres anyone reading this from SW London, you know, coz I don't have any friends. :lol:

Remus

Staff member
Bah! I'm looking for a cushdy job like that and I make little toys anyway for kids, wonder if theres owt up here like that

and Oi!

you got freinds here matey :D

black_mamba

:lol:

Thats cool, what kinda toys do you make?

This company make puzzles for shops like the gadget shop, so not really toys as such, but I'll find out tomorrow.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm so hyperactive now. :D :D :D :D

Aw, my online friends, will you ever forgive me for ignoring you? 8O

Remus

Staff member
I'll put a couple pictures up in the gallery, I make them out of moddling putty and paint them

black_mamba

Just seen them in the gallery now. They are so detailed and cool.

You gotta tell me exactly how you made them! Pleeeeease?

Neebo

Congratulations Black Mamba! :D I am very pleased for you! :D Wish I could find a nice job like that :)

Remus

Staff member
using Milliput (silver/grey or white) superfine moddeling putty

http://www.milliput.co.uk/home.htm

you can get it from most model or hobby shops, even from hardware shops

I mounted them on a penny for the base

then painted with acrylics I got from when I worked at Gamesworkshop

but you can use any acyrilc paint (hence the bright colours)

I've made allsorts of thing out of milliput, my fav being the catterpillar in Ailce in Wonderland sat on his mushroom with a bong

black_mamba

Aw Neebo, thanks, I'd take you along with me but your not in the area. They'll give my friends a job if I brought anyone along. Relaxed isn't it?!

Remus, so you just mould and then paint? Does it set over time or do you need to heat it? 8O

Remus

Staff member
sets over time

you have two mix the two stick of the stuff together really well then sets after bout three hours

black_mamba

You guys should see me now;

Alcohol, smokes & breathing exercises all at the same time!

I think all this pressure to relax is making me nervous. :lol:

.oO(goddam you idiot, its no big deal)

I won't mess this up I promise. Someone kick me in the head if I do. :p