girl problems.

kevincadogan

does anyone else have this problem?i met this girl in person who i was talking online with for acouple days.we seemed to have alot in common,music and everything.then i go and say something stupid,that i like her. :? after i left,it seems she doesnt want to talk to me anymore,or want to meet up again.that was the only person i have ever known who i had that much in common with.i guess also she was moving away too,so she didnt really want a relationship.i just dont understand why it hurts so much.i have major depression/sad,i guess that could be a problem too. :( anyone else been hurt that much,from just meeting someone in person 1 time?i dont get it.i need some info,on what to do right if i meet another girl.thanks

abc1234

i recently did the same thing with a girl i met online and never in real life. i talk i really like her and she i think i scared her cause now she saying she has a boyfriend so.it may have just supised her just give her time and dont try to force anything after awhile she may want to still meet up with you.

4myself

Can I offer some female perspective here?. A sad reality of the world is that girls have to be very careful around guys, especially around guys we don't know very well, the best thing to do is not push for too much, too soon or you will probably freak the girl out, remember she doesn't really know you, only what you have told her online. Most girls will be thinking about their safety because there are so many bad men out there, rapists, sex offenders, voilent, abusive guys ect. Please don't take this the wrong way, you might know that you wouldn't do that kind of thing, but a person that you have just met doesn't. So my advice is give them space and let things go slower. I hope that helps.

kevincadogan

ok

it helps alot,i need alot of practice in that area.ill just try to be friends before anything else.i dont know why,maybe its a natural reaction to not having a girlfriend in such a long time,that i want to be close to them in that way.

4myself

Thats definetley understandable. But yep, take it slow. Also, apart from the safety issues, if you ask a girl out straight away then they might think that your one of those guys who isn't fussy and will just ask any girl out in the hope of getting lucky. Us girls are romantics at heart and like to know that a guy is interested in us as a person and not just the chance of getting lucky. I know, we are high maintenance creatures :D .

abc1234

yeah what she said take it slow and just be friends im in the same boat u are and am going to try to build a friendship with my friend know that she knows how i feel and see what happens

Just a little bit of advice for the girls who are fearful of their safety, don't get your stereotypes of what kind of guys you should be afraid of from movies, they always seem to make them out to be the shy guys. If you actually look at news reports, rapists etc. are usually the very guys that girls trust just by looking at them, so beware of media stereotypes, they mess with you, antisocial guys aren't really rapists lurking, it's the normal seeming ones who are statistically more likely to be serial killers. I just hate hollywood's persecution of uncomformists.

Remus

Staff member
chavs got issues like us all, maybe give her time to settle, its a desperate situation to be in and no wonder people lash out at times, I know I have myself.

give her a chance :)