Genetics rant

Weirdo

Physical ailments- Hyperhidrosis, Scoliosis, Back pain, Onychocryptosis(ingrown toenails), Athlete's foot, One strangely coloured eye, Crooked teeth, Vampire tan, Muscles like a porcelain princess, Flexibility of a wooden plank, Tiredness of a 80 year old man waiting for his final day, PE(yeah, that man thing)..I'm sure there's more.

Mental ailments - moderate SP, mild tourettes, mild OCD, mild ADD(not really sure about the latter 2), some personality disorder(-s?) and the last thing is something I can't say even on here..

Thanks dad, I'll surely have a lot of offspring with such a wonderful set of genes.(If I mate with a similarly flawed female, our kid might turn out to be a serial killer.)

Just wanted to let it out. Feel free to curse the genetics or whatever.

Richey

hmmm...this is an interesting topic.

alot of that is comparing yrself to others. and sure there are people who actually benefit in life because of their physical traits, whether its attention from the opposite gender or if you are tall people tend to respect you more, a tall person can actually feel tall in the realm of their personality because of their height, its perfectly valid. the world around us reacts to genetic advantages. rich restaurants only take on girls or dudes that look a certain way. a person who is naturally athletic looking may feel more comfortable in the realm of sports of walking around nude for instance, they may have a little more swagger. what about personality traits? people who are ruthelessly confident tend to go far quickly right? its almost like a sixth sense, all of this is rather interesting, sometimes our genes are more hunky dory then we give credit for one suspects.

Nack

Banned
Mental illness, heart problems, neglection, probably more... And finally, Thanks dad for leaving mom with 5 kids...

LockieKermit

Great, so lets feel sorry for ourselves because of our genetics..

I have a more then normal change of getting high blood pressure when im older? I dont care...it cant be helped. You can complain and complain about your genetics, but in the end, tough. Life isn't fair.

Life is wonderful, but not fair.

Nack

Banned
Great, so lets feel sorry for ourselves because of our genetics..

I have a more then normal change of getting high blood pressure when im older? I dont care...it cant be helped. You can complain and complain about your genetics, but in the end, tough. Life isn't fair.

Life is wonderful, but not fair.

If we can't complain, then what else could we do? deal with it? Yea....

LockieKermit

exactly...so many people are on this forum 24/7 complaining and bitching about there life. They complain it doesn't get better when no one even tries.

The idea of beating SA....is to go in social situations...
The idea of beating OCD...is to not give in to your compulsions...

but instead, people just sit on there computer allll day long feeling sorry for themselves in this forum...

Deal with it

Nack

Banned
exactly...so many people are on this forum 24/7 complaining and bitching about there life. They complain it doesn't get better when no one even tries.

The idea of beating SA....is to go in social situations...
The idea of beating OCD...is to not give in to your compulsions...

but instead, people just sit on there computer allll day long feeling sorry for themselves in this forum...

Deal with it

If its that easy, I wouldn't be here and this site wouldn't even exist. You have to understand that someone who has SA or OCD has other problems that are branched off from them. Someone with SA most likely will have depression, and i'm sure you know the effect of depression. So telling people to "Deal with it" isn't going to help.

Last edited:

Nack

Banned
People grasp to whatever they can that allows them to have happiness. Even for a brief moment... Sometimes, whining is happiness :\

MothMan

uhh, while genetics may play a role in SA, i think we need to also give a large nod to environment as well. It is the combination of heredity and habitat that culminate in anxiety like adopting one's parents' behavior.

though I know for a fact that does not mean trying a fresh start in a new location will alleviate any anxieties.