Funny intrusive thoughts?

pandamonium77

Have you ever had an intrusive thought that was so ridiculous that you couldn't help but laugh? I was just trying to get to sleep when this random image popped into my head of this dude that was sitting on a rock, and he had a piece of cake in his hand that was HUGE and his mouth opened up so big so he could fit the whole thing in his mouth! I mean it was a little disturbing at first because it just popped up, and i burst out laughing
And i just ruined the fun. because im laughing at an intrusive thought makes me feel like its not disturbing which makes me feel like im going schizo. Great, just great. :mad: :mad: :mad:

RedRibbons

what exactly is an intrusive thought?

Like.. You're just minding your own business walking down the street.. And then you see some sharp inanimate object.. And get a thought in your head about stabbing your eyes out with it or something.. And then you get stuck on that thought, and it causes a lot of distress(at least that's what it means to me).

And yea, I get those kind of thoughts.. I don't know if they're really funny.. Interesting none-the-less. I actually enjoy those. One that I sort of remember was of this woman, with a veil of gauzy white material flowing over her face (not like a wedding veil).. It was interesting to envision. :)

getbornagain

Hahahah definitely. Sometimes my OCD gets so ridiculous and farfetch'd I can't help but burst out laughing at my own ****in mind.

Rodox

Have you ever had an intrusive thought that was so ridiculous that you couldn't help but laugh? I was just trying to get to sleep when this random image popped into my head of this dude that was sitting on a rock, and he had a piece of cake in his hand that was HUGE and his mouth opened up so big so he could fit the whole thing in his mouth! I mean it was a little disturbing at first because it just popped up, and i burst out laughing
And i just ruined the fun. because im laughing at an intrusive thought makes me feel like its not disturbing which makes me feel like im going schizo. Great, just great. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hahahaha I also find that really funny,I dont know why,sometimes I get thoughts about people around me saying weird and funny stuff,I cant help but laugh.

pandamonium77

A lot of times I'll just burst out laughing at something that may have happened over 2 years ago, and other people will be looking at me like, "what's so funny!" And I'll be like, "oh, I was just thinking about something." lol. Not sure if that's an intrusive thought though?
I know I definately have disturbing thoughts so. I sometimes have mental images of me running over someone or hitting someone with a hammer. But that's only with people who have done me wrong.

No that's not an intrusive thought, an intrusive thought is generally something that just pops up, out of the blue, you don't think about it and it's not a memory, it just... appears basically

But yeah, I can think of things that happened years ago and burst out laughing, especially in class
People think I'm nuts ::p: