Friend's dad got scam ETS surgery

landon

Hi everyone, I recently found out that one of my friend's dad actually got ETS surgery 8 years ago as part of an insurance scam. The surgeon charged $15,000 on the insurance company and split that amount with my friend's dad. The crazy thing is he is completely normal prior to the surgery. He doesn't suffer from any form of hyperhidrosis or blushing at all. I assume he doesn't know the risks and just went through with it because of the easy money. Anyway eight years later, according to my friend, he doesn't seem to suffer from any severe side effects such as CS or loss of emotions.

It's funny how we suffer so much from HH and constantly debate about whether or not one should get ETS and here is this guy that did it like its nothing. He basically did it for money and seemingly doesn't suffer any side effects from it.

p.s. I not necessarily saying that ETS is safe by the way.

landon

I know the story does sound a little outlandish, but that's what my friend told me. It came about when I mention how hard it is to live with palmar hh. At which point my friend suggested that I go for ETS as his dad did. I mentioned the risks to him, but he doesn't believe me citing his dad as an example.

On another note, I have talked to two other people 5 year post op where were fine. The only side effect they suffer is a little more sweat on the back and chest. One is a chiropractor and the other is in medical school. They both did their research and decided to take the risk. I guess they are lucky so far. It kills me to hear about these people and their ETS success, as it makes me want to get surgery only to come on forums to read a bunch of horror stories.

Sprawling

I contemplated ETS about 6 years ago. I figured I was at high risk for compensatory sweating given the fact that my body seams to sweat everywhere during the warm months. Ionto takes care of the palmer and planter for the most part. Under arms are easily controlled with Certain Dry. The rest of the body will just do its thing... sweat.