Friends and cigarette breaks?

Ok kind of akin to the idea of cell phones, but I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? i also just reallised this depends where u live in the world! But where I am, smoking in public places is prohibited. I am not a smoker and needless to say 2 of my friends are- and go out often for cigarettes. I guess it's fair enough if u are out with more than one person. But if I go out with one friend, then they are out for a cigarette break say every 20 mins- ur left sitting alone- watching the bags! ..it feels very awful. Esp when they come back in telling you who they were chatting to outside while having a fag, and the amazing convo they had!

But even when I once or twice went out with both smokers, they went out together- oince we were in a restaurant on new years eve- I was left there feeling awful. And to add insult to injury, someonne was there who I recognised from school. It was so ragina obvious they had left me. I tried to make a call, check my phone etc..but u can't really hide from the fact i had been left. I find this really ba manners- esp.if 2 smoke and one doesn't. I was that close to smoking to feel inculded, but even then I would have been told I neede to stay and keep the table!

rawrt

Ok kind of akin to the idea of cell phones, but I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? i also just reallised this depends where u live in the world! But where I am, smoking in public places is prohibited. I am not a smoker and needless to say 2 of my friends are- and go out often for cigarettes. I guess it's fair enough if u are out with more than one person. But if I go out with one friend, then they are out for a cigarette break say every 20 mins- ur left sitting alone- watching the bags! ..it feels very awful. Esp when they come back in telling you who they were chatting to outside while having a fag, and the amazing convo they had!

But even when I once or twice went out with both smokers, they went out together- oince we were in a restaurant on new years eve- I was left there feeling awful. And to add insult to injury, someonne was there who I recognised from school. It was so ragina obvious they had left me. I tried to make a call, check my phone etc..but u can't really hide from the fact i had been left. I find this really ba manners- esp.if 2 smoke and one doesn't. I was that close to smoking to feel inculded, but even then I would have been told I neede to stay and keep the table!

Hey

I'm put in a similar situation when I rarely go out with work friends. I just go outside with them and try to chat, if not I would go to the toilet or get a drink or something. If sitting there is going to make you feel bad try to do something. :)

Hope this helped.

Kinetik

I stopped smoking a couple of weeks ago, and now I do feel at a loose end when others go for a cigarette. In fact, I'm realizing one of the reasons that I started all those years ago was so that I could network a little better.

On top of that I've been going through some crappy withdrawal symptoms (irritability, bad stomach, scratchy throat) so I'm not a happy chappy at the moment.