friend-making thing

Ambere

I don't know if this is just me but I have super hard time making friends that are the same gender as me, girls. I feel like I'm just gonna be teased and picked on like when I was younger and I know that's an immature thing to think but I can't seem to shake it. what should I do?

MikeyC

While growing up I would always like to make friends with girls because I feared boys would be too judgmental of me. These days I don't care about that too much.

I think you should just keep trying talking to other girls and seeing if you have a connection. Not all girls are going to pick on you and you may even make a good friend out of some of them.

Iluv

Hey, I understand completely. You will come across a girl though that is genuine and see that your fear isn't all of what you think. Keep talking to them and get comfortable, some are really nice. But it's not necessary to have girl friends. Doesn't matter the gender as long as they are true friends. Growing up girl friends only caused drama for me. I guess it's who you have more in common with.

ohheybbyitscorixx

I used to hate being friends with other women. I have realized I don't like it because I am afraid the girly girls have nothing in common with me. Also, I am afraid I will be made fun of by them because I can be..."manly". You know what, I have met a few girls in my lifetime that are like me. So, I would say try and meet other women at places you enjoy going or at activities you enjoy doing. I have found I tend to get along with a lot of gamer girls, just in case you cannot leave the house and go out and "meet" people in person. Guys can be great friends, but sometimes girls crave that girl time with other women.