Freshmeat

Hey everyone. I am new to this site and pretty glad I found it too cuz i was feelin pretty ****ty last night (becuz of certain social situation i was in) and wanted some comfort. Then i found this site and realized again that there are people who have the same problems as me and i aint alone. So just wanted to say wassup wassup to all my fellow comrades who are fighting the same war as i am. also I thought bout this question last night too, feel free to answer it. Do you think people take Social Anxiety seriously? the reason why i asked that is becuz i never hear nothin about it in the media or anywhere else. Which makes me think that they don't take it seriously, they don't know about it, or they just don't care and wanna tell us grow some balls and be social. Cuz i really don't think people know how hard it is to have this.

jaim38

Yeah, I don't think the media "get" us at all. Socially awkward people are portrayed as weird, crazy, ugly, and nerdy in movies, shows, etc. Oh well, the media does whatever it has to do to make money, and that includes propagating stereotypes.

OCDd

welcome, yea we all are here for each other, feel free to rant, vent, complain, cry whatever you need to do to let anything you've bottled up, out. im glad you realize its okay to be they way we are, and ur right people dont realize us very much but thats okay cause we look at things differently, and usually its better. this is our version of the media, well i hope this helps you and i wish you good luck with all of this :)

N0D

Banned
first, you called me comrade, i think i love you. also, hi and welcome and that stuff. finally, i agree with nwp, people only know about or care if they have it.

xDreamseller

Hey, welcome to spw :) I don't think it's a matter of the media and other people "not getting us", I think it just wouldn't make a very interesting news story. After all, news stations and the media only exist to make money and gain viewers. (Well, any mainstream form anyway)

do you guys ever feel like you just want the world to know bout our condition? dont you think it'll be easier for us to "be part" of society if ppl just knew bout us? im pretty sure their r ppl out there that are willing to help us be more social other than psychiatrists. some times i feel like just making a movement about it cuz i guarantee their are alot of us out there that want to be heard but just cant be heard becuz of SA. im pretty sure we all got something special about us is what im tryna say

JackOfSpades

The idea of a movement is interesting. In general I think it's hard for people to relate to struggles they've never had. Emotional understanding can speak things intellectual understanding never could.