Free Treatment for Anxiety in Maine?!

Remus

Staff member
I found books on Anxety helped, by the time I saw a therapist I'd done most of the hardwork myself.

look online for self help CBT books if you can (cognitive behavioral therapy)

jennismortal

The things we think effect the way we feel. We often think that our moods are caused by events and therefore are not in our control. CBT teaches us to change our thinking, which will then change our mood. CBT is used for depression, anxiety, phobias and more. This therapy has been extensively studied. These studies show that people treated with CBT stay depression free longer than those treated with drugs alone. When people are depressed they often think “Nothing will change, It can’t get better, I have no power in this”. With CBT we look at the over generalizations, misinterpretations, magnifications and more. Once you learn to step back and look at these with a bit more reason, you can turn your thinking around and your mood improves.

U

userremoved

The things we think effect the way we feel. We often think that our moods are caused by events and therefore are not in our control. CBT teaches us to change our thinking, which will then change our mood. CBT is used for depression, anxiety, phobias and more. This therapy has been extensively studied. These studies show that people treated with CBT stay depression free longer than those treated with drugs alone. When people are depressed they often think “Nothing will change, It can’t get better, I have no power in this”. With CBT we look at the over generalizations, misinterpretations, magnifications and more. Once you learn to step back and look at these with a bit more reason, you can turn your thinking around and your mood improves.

I wish I knew how such negative thinking got into my head in the first place. I remember having problems being around people since elementary school. I guess it probably doesn't matter now but it still bugs me.