forget anxiety

lonelee1

i feel like i can update on here as if it were facebook, but i'm able to expand on thoughts more. cool.

anyway, even if nobody listens, i think i've solved my own mind. at least that's the feeling today.

it's not apathy or anything. but it's this weird, freeing feeling i've sort of adopted over the last 2 days. i felt it this morning and thankfully it carried on throughout the day. first, sleep is really important. those nights when you're awake ruminating and hating yourself and indulging in the negative thoughts/emotions that get you down.

well i was asleep and this thought came into my head. i suffer from repetitive thoughts. sometimes they're solutions to problems that i can 'say' or 'think' but never really carry out. short phrases run through all day. it's like im perpetually writing an instruction manual to life in my head (someday it will be published, a list of short and pointy phrases) anyway, today the words popped up:

'forget anxiety'. which is different from "let go" of x, y, z, negative emotion or thought and somehow is more useful.

just forget the feelings. you learned how to be anxious, you can unlearn it. not even unlearn, simply forget. don't think to much about it, just refuse to remember what it feels like to feel terrible.

there's some other revelations i've achieved on mindfulness that i might discuss later. it's just a feeling of rising above these dark emotions. and this involves learning to fully commit to not caring about anything else besides our own happiness. forget what others think about you. their thoughts are as immaterial as our own. simply do not care.

anxiety is damaging.

i'd like to expand more and maybe sometime i'll talk about the power of 'intent' and how that applies to making real change. i have to admit that buspar has been helping me more lately. it makes my mind more pliable.

whatever solutions work for you.

Last edited:

SoScared

I’m working on a similar theme.
When I see people and become anxious (for no apparent reason) I just remind myself that its just my faulty thinking.
I do this again and again and I’m gradually reducing my anxiety to zero in these situations.

Nathália

Good for you. It takes practice to eventually care about things that provoke anxiety less. It took me a couple of years to get to a better point and I'm still improving.

mikebird

Banned
Very important to see your perspective!

A key issue to me, as I feel it has two ends of a scale. One dimension.

Choose 1 to 10 on a scale of least or most

Ruminating is the equivalent / thesaurus of procrastinating

I may be wrong, if these are very different.

Putting these expressions together, I am against the idea. As a kid at school, and the same today, with firm determination , I call this 'passing over' / ignoring, pretending difficult things don't exist. Just relax.. 'Giving up'... LAZYbones. Letting go. I've known plenty of these people over time. I am not one of these. Anxiety is to be dealt with!!! Fix it head-on. This is my life. Anxiety was my devil. Migraine. Each stage of life. There was no way out, until 2012. It's gone. I have been blacklisted by all people. I have no future. Now, my crippling is over. I am healed. Because of my well-established history, I am no longer fit for society. I feel like Russell Crowe's Maximus of Gladiator. Still deemed a caged animal. Slave. Nerves of steel

I don't want a lunch break. I don't look forward to the weekend, or holiday. I want to go full tilt, putting my back into everything. Every day. Throughout the night. Resting is very important, but can be bucked. Retirement is a no-go. My parents were retired, resting on their laurels, before I was born, and my brother did the same, after earning his fortune. This might be a root of my problems.

There could be a good balance to obtain (5), rather than flipping to one end of the scale or the other.

As for waking up in the morning, and grabbing sleep early in the evening, that's always been that I bounce up from my bed to school, work, or from my hospital, in a rush, where the latter does shock staff, when I use tummy muscles to be bolt upright, unlike any other patient. Two nurses approach me and I can detect the slightest sound. I'm in their face with furrowed brows and a scream like a cockerel which is entirely for humour, and they get used to it.

I address my anxiety. Waking up, without employment, it is possible to naturally feel like slumber for longer. The decision is simple. Good if you're on holiday - a day ahead to relax. My last ever holiday was the best ever, in 2006. I was shocked I could ever have such a good time, and it was well within my mighty earnings. I knew right then it might be that last. Now, I was right.

True that I have nothing to do. Outright unemployment. Ridiculous that ignorance is a solution! Staying in bed could be a therapy? I tend to flip between my steel personal attitude and trying others' advice. A bit

Forget tomorrow
was a good tune for me.

I never did that. Towards good sleep, planning what to do the next day. Then the whole plan comes straight back to me in the morning. 6am alarm clock (Marty McFly's wake-up call) to prepare for the train, and get some turbo sleep in the seat, eyes nailed shut, massaged beautifully, by the speed of wobbly rails, forging my plans

lonelee1

ive been using this technique to get through these last couple of days. i've been feeling extra anxiety and apprehension. i think it works for me for the most part. i wouldn't say it's 'giving up', it's more like surrendering to the fact that i don't have to suffer. i don't think it's ignoring, it's acknowledging that i can forget. it feels good.

addressing the anxiety makes it more powerful sometimes.

i don't know, i move through life. but you're right, i have to find a way to balance when this method can't be applied.

Saga

o: I kind of felt similar, just the other day, when I was halfway through my school day. It was just like, this sensation came over me and I was just like 'I just don't care anymore. I don't care if people laugh around me, or look at me, I don't care of what they think of me.' I think it was just like a genuine 'I've had enough of feeling so tense and freaked out all the time'.

Glad to hear you've found a way to deal with it. c:

SoScared

Just had a great stroll out through the busy part of town whilst my clothes were washing – no problem
Got back to the launderette, clothes out of the washer into the drier then wait – no problem, gaze happily under control – but people in front, people behind and to the sides calling for my attention – feel the anxiety start but no problem because I’m much much better at coping than I was.
Remembered your post – forget it (i.e forget them) – I did, it worked.
thanks

Last edited:

lonelee1

o: I kind of felt similar, just the other day, when I was halfway through my school day. It was just like, this sensation came over me and I was just like 'I just don't care anymore. I don't care if people laugh around me, or look at me, I don't care of what they think of me.' I think it was just like a genuine 'I've had enough of feeling so tense and freaked out all the time'.

Glad to hear you've found a way to deal with it. c:

it helps to really not care doesn't it? hope we can keep up the neutralized feelings. feels good

lonelee1

Just had a great stroll out through the busy part of town whilst my clothes were washing – no problem
Got back to the launderette, clothes out of the washer into the drier then wait – no problem, gaze happily under control – but people in front, people behind and to the sides calling for my attention – feel the anxiety start but no problem because I’m much much better at coping than I was.
Remembered your post – forget it (i.e forget them) – I did, it worked.
thanks

awesome to hear! i'm really glad it worked for you

:thumbup:

IntheLabyrinth

I wish that would work for me but I think it will just make me think about it even more. No matter what, I always know in the back of my mind that I care about what others think about me. I will give it a try though. I think that, for me, reminding myself that I have the ability to handle any situation that I am ruminating over, and that whatever physiological symptoms occur when I have a socially induced panic attack are just a rush of adrenaline that will soon pass has really helped. I have also found that saying that people are generally good, and the large majority of them aren't going to negatively judge or laugh at me no matter how much i sweat or seem awkward has been helping lately. I learned all this with my last psychologist a few years ago but it wasn't until joining this forum a couple of months ago that I started repeating it to myself on a nearly daily basis.

lonelee1

I wish that would work for me but I think it will just make me think about it even more. No matter what, I always know in the back of my mind that I care about what others think about me. I will give it a try though. I think that, for me, reminding myself that I have the ability to handle any situation that I am ruminating over, and that whatever physiological symptoms occur when I have a socially induced panic attack are just a rush of adrenaline that will soon pass has really helped. I have also found that saying that people are generally good, and the large majority of them aren't going to negatively judge or laugh at me no matter how much i sweat or seem awkward has been helping lately. I learned all this with my last psychologist a few years ago but it wasn't until joining this forum a couple of months ago that I started repeating it to myself on a nearly daily basis.

just try it and maybe let me know if it works at all? i think it'd be interesting to hear.

and i think you're right, most people aren't out to get us. they're responding to life just as we are, but we judge ourselves severely.

IntheLabyrinth

just try it and maybe let me know if it works at all? i think it'd be interesting to hear. and i think you're right, most people aren't out to get us. they're responding to life just as we are, but we judge ourselves severely.

I'll update you in a couple of weeks. And you're right, we judge ourselves way too severely. I don't expect others to be perfect, but I do feel like i have to be.

rocky_oreo

If I stick a certain kind of music on that I love listening to, all my worries go away. But as soon as that music is turned off, there they are back again