Folding@home

Anomaly

Folding@home - Main

Our goal: to understand protein folding, misfolding, and related diseases

You can help scientists studying these diseases by simply running a piece of software.
Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

Just want to let people know that they can use some of their unused processing power for a good cause. I wouldn't recommend this with people who don't have multi-core CPUs, though. Also, those with fairly powerful computers, especially with nVIDIA video cards that have CUDA capabilities will be able to greatly increase their output by using the specialized high-performance versions of F@h.

I used to fold for some time, but I don't like my cooler sound... And I don't leave my laptop on when I'm out. But I like these projects very much. I need better pc, then I will fold again :)

Wish I had a dedicated PC, for a webserver, and this, then I would do it all the time. As of know I run it off and on.

I'm already running two projects. Seti@Home & Milkyway@Home - don't think my computer could take another one. If anyone here runs Seti@Home - I started a small SA group so we can band together in the search.

Team Social Anxiety