Focus/concentration all time low

cowboyup

Or so it seems...

For the life of me, I am unable to focus or concentrate long enough to get anything done. I am surprised I can even sit still long enough to write this!

I need to get back into the present moment, so to speak. But how??

My SIL literally sits and reads all day, even when she goes to the bathroom while I watch her kids. I was gearing up to have some kind of 'break' for the summer while she was off work but she's too engrossed in her books to even stop and focus on watching HER kids. I think part of MY problem of non-focus and no concentration is due to this. I have repeatedly said, "hey, I'm going to (fill in the blank) but it seems that whenever I go to do something or whatever, her IBS suddenly hits her. Ironic, ain't it?
Then she shoves the kids onto me and 'runs' to the bathroom to hide out with her ipad and read.

I have nothing against reading, believe me, I USED to read a lot myself, but as of late, no such luck. By the time night rolls around, I am exhausted.

....I digress...sorry.

At any rate, any suggestions on how to boost my focus/concentration/energy and be more present?

I have an appointment with my therapist on Friday, and I will be discussing this with her as well, but wanted others input ... I want some kind of hope I can grasp, lol

Rawz

Well there are lots of things that can/could help. Exercise, stretching, meditation, deep breathing, better diet, caffeine/coffee/energy drinks/nootropics. Even certain music could possibly help (you could always check out BrainSync, Lifeflow, and/or HoloSync, etc). I recently discovered the Longecity forum, where I'm sure you could find stuff that might help you.

I would write up a long post for you, but I'm tired, hungry, and lazy. :p If you search my posts, you will find long posts I've written for other people that may help you.

Also, when it comes to what will help you best, it can depend on what is causing you problems. So you might want to get examine yourself and your life and try to figure out what all is going on. You could always keep a journal of how you feel each day, how yo sleep the night before, what you are doing before bed, what you are eating, etc, to get more information.

Hope this helps.