First step...

jmroszczak

So I took the first step 3 weeks ago and attended a Meeting that was for People who were looking to get into treatment for their mental disorder...I went with my mom and That was the first time I had sought out help In the 6 years I have been basically a shut-in.(have gone out maybe a handful of times in 6 years) At the end of the meeting we had the choice of signing up for another appointment..and I did ..and that appointment was today. :D It was at 9:30 this morning and I was so scared and nervous but I got through it!

The last time I went My mom basically did everything for me..she filled in all the paper work and all that..even went to the desk when we first arrived and said my name...I was embarrassed but at the same time relieved she was there to do that for me(btw i am 25 ::eek:: )... BUT this time when she went to the desk and said my name..the receptionist was like..Is this Justin? to my mom..and I said yeah..then she asked for my birthday and then gave me all the Paper work to fill out ...I think she rolled her eyes too lol ..But yeah I got through it all and filled it all out and all that...Then It was time for intake so i went back and the woman just explained what would be happening ..and if i wanted to stay she explained the fee's and all...I said yes of course..Then i went back to my chair in the waiting room and waited for the therapist to come out and call me...

OK so Of course i got the one therapist whom i didn't want..but omg I guess the saying "never judge a book by its cover" is true..Cos she was the sweetest nicest woman Ever! and I felt very comfortable with her ..and I didn't feel judged at all...

The session took about 15mins or so..She just basically asked what brings me here today and I told her everything..and what I am going through...I told her about how I haven't left my house in like 6 years and about how I am VERY(understatement) anxious in social situations...What I feel like when I get my attacks and all that...Um she said that I should probably goto my primary doctor because in this program it could take at the longest til Jan. for me too see the psychiatrist..and she felt that I would really benefit from medications..in particular xanax..combined with something like a buspar once daily...Um also I have to have 3 sessions with my Therapist whom I meet next week(weds.) before i can see the Doctor...So yeah My mom is going to Make an appointment with her doctor next week for me..I think Monday..and I guess I am goign to get on meds O.O

So yeah that's basically my story...and I am sorry if i bored anyone with it...I am new here btw..and My name is justin...Just want too leave with I NEVER thought I was ever going to get/ or seek help...But I am now and its amazing.. :)

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

Good for you Justin, You should be dead pleased with yourself rightly so too. Well done fella.

Harleyq

Hey Justin, glad your first step was a positive one. Hope things stay that way and I'm also happy to hear that your mom is supporting you cause I read too many stories about parents or family members that just don't get it and don't offer much help.

agoraphobickatie

welcome to SPW justin :) i'm glad you're getting some help for the SA, it's a huge step to take.. and a long journey, but we all have to work through it and come out on the other side. thanks for sharing your story! :)

jmroszczak

thank you all...

I am also glad that My mom is supportive of me too..it's been a long time coming! I look forward to reading all the posts..everyone seems very nice in this forum :)

Last edited: