First Day on Robinul

_Aquamarine

I thought I'd share my my first full day taking robinul. Here's the doses I took:
1mg 8:30pm (before bed)
-woke up-
1mg 5:40am
1mg 9:30am

and now it is currently 6pm. I didn't see any changes so far and I basically sweated (my hands) even worse than some days. I'm hoping it's just because it's my first day and the dosage is pretty low. I'm gunna try taking 2 1mg pills tonight and another 2 tomorrow morning and see how that goes. I did, however, feel the side effect of dry mouth and my throat was hurting pretty bad. Well I'll just hope for the best and keep anyone who is interested updated!

ukchick

Hi there
My daughter has been on Robinul for about 2 months. She manages her dry mouth really well with mouthwash and spray particularly for dry mouth.
She started on 1 tablet and has progressed to 3 a day. She takes 2 at 5am then 1 at 11am( basically she's trying to achieve dryness during school hours). They are helping but she finds the results vary day to day but the 3 tablets daily have seen the best results for her.
Good luck x

ukchick

Yes,she doesn't eat until lunch time so the tablets taken at 5am and 11am times are on a completely empty tummy( impossible to make a 15 year old eat breakfast anyway.lol)
Ideally it would be great taken at a better time (5am disturbs her sleep) but she's found these timesbest.
Good luck x

0707129r

Empty stomach is a must, and I find anything less than 2mg is fairly ineffective. I have also found there is negative interactions with just about all other medications (particularly steroidal, NSAIDS etc). There is a build-up after several days of use, and you can also try before bed and when you wake up.

SweatParty

I find humidity to be the main problem when you wake up in the morning. So for some time when I started glyco during summer months, I also took it before bed so that theoretically it would be already in effect when I wake up the next morning. However,recently I have only taken it first thing in the morning (empty stomach), and it works very well for at least 7-8 hours. If you feel you need it, you can definitely take more before or after lunch. But if I'm just having a "regular" day at work, often a single 1mg pill in the morning is all I need.

Body weight is probably a factor as well. Some people may need higher doses.

I get dry mouth / eyes / nose, but I simply drink a lot of water, and also rinse out my eyes/nose with water in the bathroom a couple times a day. It's not really a big deal. When you drink that much water, you have to pee a lot, so you just take an extra minute and rinse your nose/eyes while washing your hands.

Be careful if you're planning exercise or physical activity. I have gotten really dry mouth and tired when trying to run while on glycol. There have been other threads on this forum about exercise while using glyco, so check those out if you exercise.