Finding a job... again

Kamen

I graduated from my university and now it's time to find a job, but they seek people who are communicative, initiative and like / can work in team. I don't have any of these qualities. And I like to work alone (not only because of the phobia).
Maybe I could work as a postman or as a guard... I don't know. This depresses me even more. How about you? Any other professions you could manage with?

chris87

Just out of curiosity, what is your major? I feel like there are certain fields that don't require as much teamwork, but it does seem like a lot of jobs prefer a team-oriented person.

snappa

Thats a problem I have

I travel a lot and because I usually go off for 3 months to a year at a time I have to resign from my job. Which is great at the time but when I get back it means interviews and new jobs with new people.
It also means going through the employment ads asking for "team players", "great communicators" and "confident and energetic people".
Although I know these terms are just regurgitated Human Resources catchphrases spewing from the unimaginative mind of some HR coordinator going through the motions, it still makes me feel ill just reading them because I know I am none of these. I am good at faking it sometimes but I'm not that good.

I always look for work as a security guard or postman or something so I don't have to communicate much but somehow I seem to always end up back in a customer service position, which means a lot of sweaty armpits during the shift! I just got back from travelling again and this time I'm going back to my old job but there are a lot of new people there which means Ill be like the new guy again.

Sorry about waffling on but basically what I'm trying to say is that I relate to what you are going through. I hope you find something that makes you happy and if that means a postman or security guard so be it.
What qualification did you graduate uni with?

Kamen

Thank you for your replies.
chris87, my major is in Computer Engineering. Programming seems good to me, but at some point it requires working in team.