Finally went to the doctors

Meggy0001

Got the courage to go the doctors today. I was so nervous and was shaky, sweaty and even through up but so proud of myself for doing it. I pretty much burst into tears as soon as I walked in, I couldn't stop shaking and fidgeting and don't think she heard half of what I said but think just looking at me I didn't need to say much about the symptoms, they where pretty visible

She referred me to the university counsellor who will assess me to see whether counselling at university will be best for me or referee me elsewhere. I was also prescribed 10mg of citalopram for the month. Is anyone on this medication? does it help or not? I am a bit scared about the side effects you get at first. I am actually more happy and proud about just going to the doctors after 10 years more than the counsellor or the medication really :).

Any advice on this medication would be appreciated.:bigsmile:

Section_31

yup, I was on citalopram same amount years ago. Ive since switched to wellbutrin, the only reason being is as a guy I wasn't happy with the sexual side effects....

you may or may not experience this. But during the first week or two, you might feel a little strange. You may experience whats referred to as "brain fog", doctors will refer to it as general confusing. Its not serious at all, but the easiest way to describe it is I had a very difficult time thinking, lol, like deep ****ytical stuff if that makes sense. Its hard to describe and it was really unsettling at first but that went away after about 5 to 7 days. I also felt a very and I mean VERY vague tingling sensation.....inside my head....if you can imagine that. It literally felt like fingers were lightly stroking my brain....it wasn't scary just more like "uhh ok?". That too went away.

Did it help with my anxiety and depression?. Yes, absolutely. But keep in touch with your doctor. If your symptoms get worse, go see her. Don't stop taking it if the symptoms scare you, that can cause further difficulties. Hang on, if you experience anything, it will pass :).