Few SA related questions from a noob.

Yarp

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions for you guys.

I've noticed that when I'm anxious and nervous I'll start to gulp alot. this mainly happens in class and is really annoying because I never can tell if the person sitting next to me can hear it which makes me even more nervous so I gulp some more, lol. Any of you guys have this problem and if so, have you found a way to supress this?

It's also hard for me to give direct eye contact especially with people I don't know, how 'bout you guys?

Do you guys excercise and do you force yourself to go outside?

Thanks

Morgan01

I do gulp a lot when I get nervous. and once I start I can't stop. Then my mouth gets dry and I have to keep doing it to try to keep my mouth wet or whatever.

I have no problem with eyecantact I have always been good at that but I don't have a social problem I have ocd so yeah I don't usually get anxiety from that unless I have been thinking about it recently. I hope I don't start now.

Yarp

you are lucky but not if you have terrible OCD, I have moderate OCD I think and I'd rather have just that then just SA but I sort of have both lol

Perfidion

I don't gulp, but my eye contact is "too intense" apparently. I stare right at people when they're talking to me and it gives them that whole baby-eating serial murderer vibe. I never really thought about it, but I suppose it could be interpreted as aggression when I'm not an inherently aggressive person at all.

Sure_whynot

Im the complete opposite. When I get nervous I spit, because if i dont then I get sick from swallowing the spit. Its nasty... I know =/

Also OCD thoughts that you dont want to hear prevent me from swallowing or "gulping" 99% of the time. hah =/

Eye contact is hard sometimes, but I've gotten good at it.
It, like everything else, just takes a little bit of practice. =]

I play soccer =]
but besides that no, I dont do either of those.

I've never allowed myself to become overweight though, pushups or changes in my diet solve those problems easily. =]

Anything can be fixed it just takes enough practice or work.
You can achieve much more then you know.

Sloth

I'm really bad with eye contact, even with people I know. It creeps me out and makes me feel makes me very self conscious.

I've been told on numerous occasions that I don't make eye contact, it's even been raised in a job interview.

uncool

I can relate to the eye contact problem. I am sure it's something in my head but I feel as if too much eye contact means = sexual attraction. even with ppl of the same sex.

Other times I kinda get lost in eye contact when someone talks to me. I feel like hypnotized all I do is stare at the person trying to maintain eye contact. Only that I am so focused on keeping eye contact that it feels like I cant grasp anything of what they are saying.