Females shy of males?

Kien

It's not too seldom that you read/hear about boys being shy infront of girls but what about the opposite ? Anyone here who can tell if this is just as common? :}

sidney

Hell yeah!!
i get really scared round guys like i cant seem to sit still im always paranoid something about me isnt right, also im a real bad blusher so im scared they'll get the wrong idea or just think im weird :(

Primrose

Can only speak for myself and say that I'm not shy around guys, but the second I want to impress them, it's as if my brain switches off. Bloody irritating.

RedRibbons

Yarp. I can be confident and sociable.. but.. with some guys, I'm just a wreck... Those some guys being ones that I'm interested in. :p

Luna

I am terrified of guys and have never dated a lot (even though I'm told all the time how attractive I am) :roll:

If I'm so "attractive" and I'm a female, why, I wonder, do I NEVER get asked out? If I do get asked out, the male loses interest in me in 4 weeks.

So to answer the question, I am terrified of men, even though I like them so much. I've always been drawn to shy guys (my boyfriend also has SA). Outgoing "stud" men have never really liked me or hit on me. Probably because they see me as boring or whatever.

sidney

sidney wrote:
Hell yeah!!
i get really scared round guys like i cant seem to sit still im always paranoid something about me isnt right, also im a real bad blusher so im scared they'll get the wrong idea or just think im weird

What do you mean the wrong idea?? You mean you blush around guys you don't like aswell??
yes, i'll blush round any guy at anytime, i just cant control it but sometimes guys get the wrong idea & so do my friends then if im teased about it i go even redder which really makes they think i like them which is what i was afraid of to begin with so its sort of self fufilling

Caseums21

I'm fine around guys when we are friends but as soon as they say that they like me, I freeze up. I don't know what to say or talk about especially if I don't have the same feelings towards them. I get really nervous and panic and usually I push them away. I hate doing that to them because I would hate that but I don't know what else to do.

alex29

im very shy around guys. ive never been asked out by anyone so i feel like i am unattractive and boring. its very intimidating

im not "hot" and im not "cute" eithre so why would they have any interest in me? so i go silent.

RedRibbons

Caseums21 said:
I'm fine around guys when we are friends but as soon as they say that they like me, I freeze up. I don't know what to say or talk about especially if I don't have the same feelings towards them. I get really nervous and panic and usually I push them away. I hate doing that to them because I would hate that but I don't know what else to do.

That describes me exactly... :x

Infected_Malignity

shy girls are a huge turn on... as long as it's not the self-loathing, depressed goth type. or maybe that's just because goth girls are usually fat and listen to shitty music. oh well, it was worth a try!

Kien

Shy girls are often cute. :3 I have a strong feeling that shy lonely girls are rare compared to boys.

IWouldPreferNotTo

Interesting feedback from the ladies on this one. I wouldn't have thought chicks would get too shy around guys 'cause it seems like guys have to put all the effort forward. One of you mentioned that you had a bf, so it can work out sometimes, correct? How did you get a bf if you're intimidated by guys?

I can't talk to women who I immediately find attractive, I just can't focus enough to talk to them, I'm pretty scared. About a year ago, I went out to play pool with a couple friends and the gf of one of the guys. The gf invited one of her friends to come along, and I was very attracted to her and she seemed interested in talking to me, but I just couldn't talk to her that much because I was intimidated. Sucks, because I were normal something probably could have worked out. Even if I'm not initially attracted to a girl (and so not intimidated to talk to her) if I become attracted to her later, then all the sudden I become scared of her.

summer

yep i feel really nervous around guys aswell. I just dont know what to say to them, i go blank or end up saying somthing stupid. I think i probably look quite unconfortable around them aswell because thats how im feeling. Thats probably why i dont seem to have much luck when it comes to meeting a bloke, Im not unatractive, i just dont give off the right signals or say the right things.

I get so nervous around guys. I have been able to keep a few male friends that I am comfortable around but if I am around any guy I'm attracted to I become extremely shy. Its like my mind goes blank and I feel like everything I do is being watched.
That's why I usually go for guys that are outgoing because they can usually keep a conversation going. If I was with a shy guy neither of us would want to make the first move so it would never go anywhere.

I_Walk_Alone

I get so nervous around guys. I have been able to keep a few male friends that I am comfortable around but if I am around any guy I'm attracted to I become extremely shy. Its like my mind goes blank and I feel like everything I do is being watched.
That's why I usually go for guys that are outgoing because they can usually keep a conversation going. If I was with a shy guy neither of us would want to make the first move so it would never go anywhere.

Just seems natural to me :)